User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: How does your Wegener's Affect your Family?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto!

Onatreetop, I don't know who Dr Killman is. Maybe a Research Fellow who'll see you before the Wegs doc? You can call and ask.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I looked him up on the web he was a dept head or something in the vasculatis dept. i have to look again. Made it though the day some how. Now I have to make through the night now. Will see how it goes and pray for a much better morning. If not off I go to the ER. Maybe I should try Philly this time? We will see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onatreetop, if your in so much pain go to the ER. No one should be in pain. Hospitals are very sensitive to people who are in pain. Wishing the best!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that you might need something for pain. (I think you were taking something??) BUT be extremely careful and make sure they know you have difficulty breathing. Many painkillers suppress respiration. The combo with valium might be too much.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I hope you'll keep harping on that, Doug. Experience is valuable, and I can't do all the nagging in the group!
    That's why I was so happy elephant turned out to be so naggy. Elephant's good ! Yes, I am reminded of Lucy Van Pelt in "Peanuts". She would remark, too, from time to time about what a burden being the resident nag was! Sangye, I am glad to be a nag, if it helps remind people not to take shortcuts on the way to remission or a better state of health. Doctors can be total idiots, too, but we generally are best served by doing what they tell us to do. If fellow weggies feel they might have an idiot for a doctor, then that's where our collective experience can help, too. [I'd like to emphasize, as we did to Gwen, though, that we never want anyone to feel run off the forum because of this nagging! It's done in love and with mutual respect for a fellow weggie. We are in this together!]
    Last edited by Doug; 01-12-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad to nag. I do it because I care, like everyone else on this forum. As a nurse I had to be persistant and nag to the doctors about stuff and nag to my fellow nurses and nag to the patient's that I took care of. I was a nice nagger.

Doug Guest

That's right! I forgot you had a nursing background. Of course you are a good nag (for the very good reasons noted!)! As I've noted elsewhere, I have a profound love and respect for people in the nursing profession. Their nagging helped me keep up on my respiratory exercises, my physical exercises, even my spiritual execises. To the last one, heros of mine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I had to quit last March because of WG and I'm not going back till I am really in remission. I think I pushed it the last time. I do look forward to going back someday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got it.thanks for the nagging. Everyday is different and never the same. I have been trying the pred with and without the valuim and with is much better. The heart pounding out of the chest isnt a fun feeling so slow I go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recommend Atenolol for the heart pounding. You probably only need a small dose.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast