User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ANCA - How to decipher (have reviewed multiple threads but still confused)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ANCA - How to decipher (have reviewed multiple threads but still confused)

Hi Folks - just came across lab result for ANCA and even after reviewing lots of info in the search function I am not clear. The lab reports states that ANCA is "Positive C ANCA" I believe that from what I have read it is either a P. ANCA and/or C ANCA having somethings to do wth the fluorescent staining. Some folks have listed numbers/values associated with the ANCA - I just have the word positive under the value

also listed is the term Anti-Myeloperoxid and Anti-proteinase 3 and both of these have values associated but no range or normal values? Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about this particular lab form and what it means other than the obvious positive C- ANCA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually, if the test comes up positive, they then do another test using titers. It is usually written as a ratio (1:20, 1:40, etc). On my labs, normal is written as <1:20. Anything over that would be considered positive/abnormal.
    C-ANCA is associated with Anti-proteinase 3 (PR3). I actually don't know what "normal" is for PR3 but I am guessing that normal is 0. Others here will know more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Csjknits - no ratio on my form. Different labs must do things differently. Standardized would be helpful for sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me again - I think from the lab that was used for my result that the PR was suppose to < 0.1 or something like that. I read somewhere else < 3.5

just wondering what folks have had for their results?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have read several reports on this subject and asked my Rheumy about it several times and what I understand is that the titers test is the standard and any measure of positive will be an active disease from 1;20 to infinity for C and P ANCA and the PR3 is what shows the level of disease activity. The 1:20 just means that there is no reason to keep testing the C and P ANCA beyond this point if they are active at 1:20 dilute which means they diluted the test sample 20 times greater than the standard and still received a positive reading. If someone is tested at say 1:40 ratio positive it is only because the test was ordered by the doctor that way. The PR3 is what will show the level of activity for those who get this ordered on their test as mine was around 860 this time I think which may show at 8600 on some test or 8.6 on others. There are several ways the lab prints out the test so ask your doctor to explain the result is the only real way to know yours for sure.
    Best regards,

James

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, James... Hope things are good with you... Thank you, for this, good timing ads I was just discussing this with a friend.... James forgive my typo there, I'm not allowed to spell correct, here......... Nice seeing you James...... Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey Deb,
    I had to exit for a few minutes. I am not feeling so well. I hope you all understood my post . I don't like to ramble on but I have spent so much time researching why I feel so sick every day that I kinda feel like I should let others know about what I have found. I gotta admit that I am tired , I mean it I am sick of being sick. Sorry for complaints today but it's mot a great day to be me. Don't worry about the typos I spend too much time correcting my own typing. I should just let it ride like you.
    James

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi James - thank you for response and sorry you are not feeling too good today and I do so hope that things start to improve. I understand the sick of being sick sentiment. I know this is selfish of me I but I am jealous at times of folks that don't have to deal with this - I know, the green monster - not very helpful or benevolent of me , I should be happy for those with good health - I just want all of us to join that good health club!

i find myself doing lots of research also - trying to learn what I can. So many different experiences and results to treatment - this wait to see what happens can get old quick and I am just one month into this - so much respect for folks who have been doing this for many years

The ANCA - no titer just positive for me. The PR3 was 9.9 and I see yours was 8.6 - I wonder how high folks have had this test be?

thanks again James - feel better soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Middlesista View Post
    I am just one month into this - so much respect for folks who have been doing this for many years
    It's physically the most sucky at first, until you get it controlled. Emotionally is always up to you, forever. If it's sucky... well... you control that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wise words Birdie - gotta keep on keeping on....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast