User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 175 of 185 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1842

Thread: heart breaking story, posting for a friend. can we help her ? please ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so a side from this one last half a molar on my left side bottom, that I pray I get to keep, because I like to eat once in a while, top teeth? No, I don't pray to keep them, they are there pretty strong. I pray I don't get, yup, you guessed it, bedbugs!!! These are the two things, I ask for myself... You, I pray for a cure... Where you're treasure is, there will you're heart be also... This world is not my treasure, guys... Never has been for me... But I'm here, so I will finish my job? I really do love you... Xox...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    The emergency room is at the end of the street you live on.

ER desk: How may I help you?

Deb: I'm having (clearly and very quickly define as many symptoms as the person's patience will allow). For two years I have been unable to find a doctor capable of diagnosing and treating these symptoms. I need help immediately.

ER desk: Insurance, Name, Address, go sit over there and a nurse will call you.

Deb: Thank you.

Nurse: Debra Nutso?

Deb: (waving hand in the air) That's me! I'm Debra Nutso.

Nurse: Hi Debra, come this way and we'll get your vitals, and a bit more information.

Deb: Damn you're ugly. (it's a man, all men are ugly, your results may vary)

Nurse: I know, I was born with a, uhm, I'm a man. In a fair world that would be a catastrophic disability where I could hide in shame locked up in a freezing cold bed bug infested apartment with food delivered to me.

Deb: Uh huh, but we have to deal with THIS world, fair or not.

Nurse: I appreciate your understanding.

Deb: That crazy thing you wrapped around my arm is getting tight.

Nurse: It's checking your blood pressure.

Deb: (mumbling) What's this thing you jammed under my tounge?

Nurse: It's taking your temperature.

Deb: My mommy did that in the other end.

Nurse: I'm not allowed to do it that way.

OK, so that's how it goes. You eventually get to a doctor in the ER. You say the right things at the right time so he has no option but to admit you to the hospital where they do the tests, including a tissue biopsy. Within a couple days they figure out what's wrong and start treatment. Bring Mr. Phone and charger so you don't go even nutser being locked up without access to the deep dark hole about nothing.
    Genius, Birdie. One of the best. We need a special forum for this kind of posts. Where is andrew ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    Birdie, you're a fuuny guy... How's you're treatment going? Have a primary doc? Blood labs talked over with ya? Er people when in pool of blood on floor, how where they? When almost dying in the er, who was listening? Until you started screaming at the doctor, how were they??? Why? Because you are in my boat thats why!!! Fact, fact... I guess nobody gets it? Yes the er must treat regardless, but exactly what are they treating? Complaints that they won't look at? Swollen gums, and missing teeth, are they going to run to do a biopsy? Come on, man, be real! They'll tell me to see a dentist about my poor oral hygiene!!! Never even a cavity, in over twenty five years, at dentist for cleaning every six months, then when/learning of my diabetes, was there for cleaning every three!!!!!!! I know oral hygiene! They don't believe, yet all my records can be viewed... What makes you think, I make the rules? If I get tachycardia, yes I can go, and they can treat! Right now, what are they going to treat? Higher than normal kidney numbers? No, they'll tell me to follow up with primary, maybe you have an infection!!! Ya for almost four year now!!! Please, its a damn joke... Come live here, and I'll prove it... I love you, guys... Me!... Xox... Typos? Well that's life, too!!!
    Yes Deb. Higher then normal creatinine is serious enough to get attention.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Deb. I feel your frustration and pain. Please forgive me if I have caused you more of them. We are nagging because we love you so much and we are so worried about you. I understand that the health system is problematic in all ways. Maybe we need to think how to do it.
    I have 2 crazy ideas: 1. Before you will go to ER one of us will call them on the phone to explain all the details and to make sure that they will give you a VIP treatment. 10 dollar is fine to pay to a taxi to take you to the ER. Or you should ask anyone to take you to ER in Boston which will be better place for you.
    2. In Israel we have what we call: "protection". It means that if you know someone who knows someone who works in the hospital, you can ask through this chain of people, to ask to treat you better. I guess you can find some connection like that, maybe through your church ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, ten dollars to get like 30 feet up the street! Alysia, NO!!! Don't Cottle him, Alysia!!! Alysia, hi, its me, Deb, the one you started this thread for! HaHaha... Oh, my goodness... Alysia my er, would just love a phone call like this!!! Oh, so funny... I called the er once to see about adding a note to my file, in case I came in, unable to talk, she the person on the other end of the phone, started laughing and said, sorry, we don't take special orders! So this they would get a big kick out of! Oh, Alysia, I love you... Just so damn cute... Me! And love!!!... Xox...!!!
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about making a trip to ER in Boston ? I bet someone from the church will be willing to take you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, in regards to Birdie, please NO, do not encourage this type of behavior!!! No! No!!! Alysia, its me!!! Remember??? You're on my side remember??? Pleeeeeeease??? Do not in any way whatsoever Cottle this man!!! A whore is a deep ditch Alysia!!! Remember this saying, in all that life brings... Alysia, you're awesome... Me! Xox...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia!!! I'm on my way right now... Oh boy... You're beautiful Alysia... Me! At home! Xox...!!!
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    Alysia!!! I'm on my way right now... Oh boy... You're beautiful Alysia... Me! At home! Xox...!!!
    On your way where? I don't understand. To the ER? Is 30 feet really impossible to get there on your own, or with the help of a friend or neighbor? Do you still think you have an ear infection? is it worse? Is there pus or blood coming out of it? I cannot see how they would fail to treat such a thing. At the least, give you meds for it. In my case, they referred me to a good ENT, one who would really look in there, clean out the ear, and see what is going on. No one knew at the time that it was about Wegs, but it was a start of a series of events that led to a dx.

It shouldn't have taken that long, but a delayed dx is not unusual at all. In the meantime, they get to know you, and little by little, the pieces will be put together. If you have a major new crisis, like hemorrhaging blood, loss of vision, high fever, bad chest xray pr CT scan, any of that, they will do all the testing they can think of. This is what happened to me.... by the time I got dx'ed, I had long standing relationships with my docs and it was easy to get in to see them. I have never had good insurance, and have always had to pay a portion of my care.... having good insurance is accomplished by paying high premiums, which we cannot do. There's no way around it, except I do understand your frustration about not getting to use your Medicaid benefits, though I have never had them.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, beautiful... Anne, yes I have an er at the top of my street, but Alysia was referring to Boston... The one on the top of my street says their er, but I and lots of others say different... Anne, excuse me, for one sec. Hey Dale, if you happen to read this, Norwood hospital, down in Mass., has or had this same reputation, do you remember? Well this one makes Norwood look like in ace in the hole... Anne, back to you... Sorry... Anne, how are you on this extremely and unseasonably warm and beautiful winter afternoon??? Anne, the ear pain is not as bad as it was... This everyday pain is tolerable, ya know? But the other night was horrible... I thought of you, when I took an expired ativan, with my migraine med just to try to get some relief... Not you personally speaking Anne, just are convos here... Ok, so, need to get some stuff done, so hopefully see ya later... Me!... Xox...xox...Xox...!!!333s!!!
    Live,love,and laugh...