Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Omg pain!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    Wait ... what? That sounds excessive for headaches that I don't get.
    In addition to all the medication side effects, I think you just defined a new type of side effect. Extreme frustration caused by doctors with listening disorders. I know, it's been defined often but not as well as you just did.

"That sounds excessive for headaches that I don't get."

Print it, hang it on the wall, make it into a hand out for every doctors appointment, print business cards, it should be a paragraph added to spoon theory.

(yes, I'm clicking the like button immediately)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran across that info on atypical migraines, too, while searching about dizziness and vertigo. I know there are different types of migraines, not all involving head pain. I get 'ocular migraines' which involve a visual disturbance that lasts about 20 minutes and involves no pain. Then it is gone, and usually doesn't happen again for months. I don't relate these to dizziness, but there are many possible scenarios. Your ENT may have some reason to suspect atypical migraines, but it also doesn't seem like he is pursuing all the possible causes of dizziness and vertigo, including Meniere's disease. My own ENT hasn't been all that helpful, either.... if I had the problem more often and more severely, then I suppose he might be more proactive. I've read online that a lot of ENTs don't understand these issues all that well and have trouble pinning them down. Seeing a neurologist might be a good idea.

I solve my fear of flying issue by never going anywhere and not being able to afford to, anyway. The London offer sounds really great. Once you've done the Disneyland trip, maybe you'll consider it.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got an email from my rheumatologist this morning. She says she's going to call ENT and have a chat with them about my disease. That makes me happy because he never even really mentioned it. He asked me about my cancer. But, when I mentioned why I was on prednisone and CellCept and why I was there in the first place ... he just sort of skimmed over it and moved on.
    Hopefully ... she will get through to him.
    Now ... all I have to deal with is the crazy anxiety about Sunday. I'll be fine. It's just getting close so I am having a bit of a time. It's not helping my head feel any better.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    Now ... all I have to deal with is the crazy anxiety about Sunday. I'll be fine. It's just getting close so I am having a bit of a time. It's not helping my head feel any better.
    May I suggest an advance field trip to the airport?

Just to get used to the first part of the experience, sit and have an expensive/bad airport lunch, window shop at the gift shops and laugh at all the people running to save 60 seconds. I like watching the baggage carousel go round & round and seeing how excited people get when their bag shows up. Oh, the parking lots are a hoot as well, much entertainment there.

Damn, now I wanna go to the airport.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456