I just scheduled an appointment with Dr. Langford! I know, it took me long enough... I've been doing well, so I decided to try to go back to school this semester. I hadn't had a flare in about a year and was down to 22mg of pred and really thought my health was on track. Well, of course that didn't happen. I flared and started Rituxan the end of August, right when classes were starting. Even going through a flare, I thought I could focus on my health and balance school and work, but I was totally wrong. Trying to focus on anything school related on 50mg of pred was impossible. I bombed the first exam and being on so much pred made a rash decision and dropped the class. I absolutely regret doing that, but I guess now I can be proactive in managing my health. Hopefully, we can come up with a plan where I can get below 20mg of pred without flaring. I just want my health in a good place so I can take the pre-reqs and eventually get through grad school.

My doctor said she would get in touch with Dr. Langford for a consult, but I figured since I'm so close it would be a good idea for me to just go up to Cleveland. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Is it an all day appointment, or since I have blood work and tests done regularly will she just go based off of everything in my medical record? I'm nervous but excited for this appointment.