Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Please help

Hospital rang. They have lung nodule biopsy results and I will find out at appointment on Tuesday. The appointment is with a Doctor from the Oncology department so I'm terrified it's cancer. Could it still not be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylasnan View Post
    Hospital rang. They have lung nodule biopsy results and I will find out at appointment on Tuesday. The appointment is with a Doctor from the Oncology department so I'm terrified it's cancer. Could it still not be?
    Hey Pal,

Remember these words?

"Don't be afraid till you know. When you know don't be afraid. Take action." From a smart guy, or a smart ass, not sure which.

They put me in the cancer ward most of the times I was in the hospital because that's where chemotherapy experts are, and patients. So don't read into stuff, stuff that's not there. It sucks that you've got to wait another 5 days. I'd be on the phone getting pushy to find out. Guess it's too late in the day over there now.

So chill out for the weekend, you don't know any more than you did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think docs that are not familiar with lung issues associated with wegs all freak out when they see the nodules in chest x-rays.

Before you let them do anything drastic, maybe a second opinion is in order at a vasculitis center near you...
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi agree with both these guys...don't start worrying until you know for sure. L know that is easier said than done but it won't help matters any. And think of this cancer is curable, wg is not..just to say that you would always have wg. Let us know if and when you hear something else. Take care and I will say a prayer for you.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    So chill out for the weekend, you don't know any more than you did.
    Oh oh, I was wrong...

You now know the biopsy results are in. It's a big step done and it's progress you gotta like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with all of the above. And I remember reading of at least two or three cases on this forum where docs thought it was cancer and it turned out just to be WG. Not that WG isn't a scary diagnosis, but we on here know that it is manageable. I'm not going to say that cancer is worse or better, but it is potentially scarier, the Big C. So I understand your anxiety. It could also be a benign tumor. Let us know when you find out, and try to have a restful and worry-free weekend.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it sucks that they make you wait that long. I don't know what to read into that. When my results are good they usually call me to give me the good news right away so I can relax. When its not good news they ask me to come in right away, usually later that day if they are still open or the next morning to discuss the results which usually means to explore options, like getting a consultation for a second opinion, or more tests they need to try clarify the issue, and possible treatment options if they think they have a definite diagnosis. But some times the lab work or biopsy results are incorrect so getting them redone and another opinion is often a good idea too. I think often such consultations help you decide upon a better course of treatment too if some treatment or more testing seem warranted. Having more options is always good and having some choice feels good too.

The only thing that helps me deal with such anxiety when worried about severity of a new symptom or possible new diagnosis or recurrence of an old problem is to remind myself I don't need to do anything or make any decisions till I have more info and the choices are more clear. I also remember that whatever I need to do, I can deal with it. So I resolve (choose) to enjoy now and rest of the day because things might be different in a few days and my options more limited again by changes in my health again.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what, if it was really serious you would already be whipped into the hospital and getting treatment straight away.

Thinking like this has helped me not to stress the unknown.

I hope you get some answers today
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aylasnan,

Concerned for you, I would very much like to hear how your appointment went today.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Aylasnan,

Concerned for you, I would very much like to hear how your appointment went today.

Gary
    Me, too! We are here for you, no matter what!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast