Thread: Things starting to improve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Things starting to improve

evening all
    well it has been nearly 12 months since I started on this lovely wegs road, it took approx. 6 months before I was diagnosed and have been in and out of hospital quite regularly over the last 12 months, the last time about 1 month ago, managed to pick up a virus so another holiday was called for .

I am currently on 25mg of mtx and 7.5mg of pred (down from 20mg), my rheumy has told me he is going to be increasing the mtx so as to lower the pred and then start lowering the mtx, so fingers crossed.

but on a plus note I am feeling the best I have in the last 12 months, even going as far as saying normal , I did start to think after my last holiday (hospital visit) that I may have to give up work due to the amount of time I was having off, the company has been brilliant and told me to worry about it.

I still have issues with my eyes but these seem to be calming down, I have been warned that my pancreas could start up again but I try not to think/worry about it, I have even started to put on some weight, it has took nearly 12 months to go from 70kg to 79kg, so hopefully a corner has been turned and it will be plain sailing from here on in, I do realise that things can change very quickly, but I have to try to be positive for the future.

so for all of you out there that think there is no light at the end of the tunnel, there is it just takes time, try to stay positive and keep yourselves busy as I found it helped being back at work even when I should not have been there, before this I had not been ill at all, then a big bomb went off inside me and all hell broke loose for my family, stay positive people and look forward and plan for the future, don't give up .

all the best
    andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you!! Hope the improvement continues!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew, I'm really glad to hear that you are doing so well and feeling so much better. I hope it gets even better than that and stays that way!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Andy.........
    It takes a bit of time, a lot of doctors/hospitals, plenty of medication, and a bit of luck, to get where we all are today. Its hard at the start, but we all have to make the best of what we have. All of us have come a long way, and have a long way to go, hopefully the day will come when this disease can be diagnosed quickly, and then stopped in its tracks, its great to hear that you have improved, and are getting better bit by bit, keep up the good work.

Regards Woz.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Andy, that is great news.
    It's taken me 5 years but the doc has finally used the Remission word for me. Currently down to 2mg pred and slowly reducing.
    Fingers crossed for great improvement each day for you.

We are having a Weggie catch up on Monday at Southern Cross Station. There will be about 10 Weggies.
    I can send you the details if you are interested.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so glad to hear you are doing so much better. It sometimes takes a long time to actually feel like the Docs know what they are doing and the body reacts to the txs. All the best to you for further improvements.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smiling for you Andrew!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always great to hear some positive news!
    Hope the improvements continue.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by melbourne andy View Post
    it has been nearly 12 months since I started on this lovely wegs road, it took approx. 6 months before I was diagnosed and have been in and out of hospital quite regularly over the last 12 months, the last time about 1 month ago, managed to pick up a virus so another holiday was called for .
    My first year was by far the most difficult as well. Most of the worst was under control after a year. I spent the following two years with endless infections.

You got my attention with the remark about infection and wanting to stay busy with work. Last March I had one that wouldn't respond to antibiotics. It got a bit scary for a while and I've still not recovered from the treatment. I haven't worked and I haven't had a single infection since March. The two are connected.

So I'm saying, watch out for infections. Don't get complacent. Run away from sneezers as fast as you can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew, glad to hear things are getting better for you. Keep it up.
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast