Likes Likes:  0

Thread: It's just a little knee pain...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It's just a little knee pain...

As Dr. Merkel said at the annual Vasculitis Foundation Symposium, "Just because you have GPA, doesn't mean you can't have something else." Well, here's my story for this time:

A few months ago, I started feeling better and was more active at work--climbing ladders, walking a lot, etc. So as the months went on, I started to have knee pain, elbow pain and all kinds of other aches and pains. Begrudgingly, I started some pred again. <sigh>

Anyway, last week, I called my rheumy because my knee was getting progressively worse. He scheduled a bunch of knee x-rays and determined that there was "mild osteoarthritis...recommend a cortisone injection to help with the pain...". So I made the appointment for this last Friday, and he examined where I was having the pain; bending my knee in all kinds of unnatural positions, which nearly sent me up the wall in pain. He told me that I do not have pain from the osteoarthritis, I have a sprained MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament). I remember very foggily one day missing the last step of the ladder I was on and coming down pretty hard on my knee and leg, falling into the wall. I guess that was the place where I strained the knee.

So back to tapering off the pred, using a topical ointment for the pain in the knee, and taking it easy on my legs and knees for a while.

So, its been said on here before, over and over again: If you feel something is not right, it probably isn't. GET IT LOOKED AT!!!

Have a great evening everyone!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear of your knee injury, hope it gets better soon. I have a bad knee and I use Activon rub on and sometimes lidocaine patches on it. Wishing you all the best to heal quickly.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about the knee. But glad you were able to separate it from anything having to do with WG. Dr. Merkel's advice is good.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011