Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Depression

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Depression

I haven't written anything since I was diagnosed with GPA. I just have a question for anyone who cares to answer. How do you deal with the depression and all the crap that comes up without going crazy. Long story short my disease has attacked my legs, ears (I'm deaf)and my sinuses. People say I am lucky that it hasn't messed with internal organs. But, because of what I do for a living, I am a CMA, I have to be on my feet for a good portion of eight hours each day. I can't do it anymore. My last day of work in the June 30th. The constant back and forth to the ED for cellulitis and ulcer infections is driving me crazy. I don't want to be know as a frequent flyer. I am scheduled for my 2nd dose of Rituximab on Monday, hopefully this will help. Also anyone who has ideas about how to keep wounds from weeping would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I know how your feeling, I was and am the same way I was diagnosed last January. All I can say that helped me was talking to others, my family and friends have been a big help, and I just finished my third round of retuximab, and still on prednizone.
    I am assuming you are on prednizone too, that will greatly affect your depression and mood swings.
    Keep it up as it will get easier, you need to keep your spirits high, and be thankful that you are here. For me it was internal organs, but with a little faith and patience, my family helped me through it all. I had to get through it for my kids. I do hope this helps, and remember, it will get better.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Rosies Mom, sorry to read about your current status. Its true what e.tito says above, the steroids will mess with your head and also the frustration of life "not being normal" again. I agree that talking and discussion with others, in my case I was able to access a counsellor through my hospital, is a godsend.
    Bizarrly in my case, this stupid disease has shown me just how lucky I am and what the true worth of life and all it brings to us. Being a few weeks from death certainly sharpens the mind!!
    Try and keep strong and deal with one issue at a time. Good luck and feel free to vent here, we are all friends and travel this road together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all of the help. I am bound and determined to get thru this. I think the worse thing right now is the in and out of the hospital stuff. So far it has been 4 times since April. And it looks like we are working on number 5 today. Having a small breakout of the "red dots" as I call them, and my dear husband who takes everything to heart is on his way home to take me back to the ER. He listened a little to hard to the doctor, she said if he noticed any swelling, new red spots or redness in general he should bring me in right away. Again, thanks for all the feedback. Gotta go now my chariot awaits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosies mom View Post
    I haven't written anything since I was diagnosed with GPA. I just have a question for anyone who cares to answer. How do you deal with the depression and all the crap that comes up without going crazy. Long story short my disease has attacked my legs, ears (I'm deaf)and my sinuses. People say I am lucky that it hasn't messed with internal organs. But, because of what I do for a living, I am a CMA, I have to be on my feet for a good portion of eight hours each day. I can't do it anymore. My last day of work in the June 30th. The constant back and forth to the ED for cellulitis and ulcer infections is driving me crazy. I don't want to be know as a frequent flyer. I am scheduled for my 2nd dose of Rituximab on Monday, hopefully this will help. Also anyone who has ideas about how to keep wounds from weeping would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I think most of us used counseling and psychiatric meds to help deal with it till we got a handle on it. Getting down to a lower dosage on pred is also a big help as well as getting into a drug induced remission to reduce the pain and troublesome symptoms. It can take awhile too. It helps to get lot of rest too whenever you can.
    Last edited by drz; 06-23-2015 at 04:06 AM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!