My name is Corrie and I was recently diagnosed with Wegener's (or possibly MPA, depending on doctor). I have had recurring ear issues (chronic ear infections in one ear with hearing loss, multiple mastoidectomies, etc and recently developing ear issues in the other) and more recently sinus infections. This April, in a span of days I had joint pain and swelling in my legs, flank pain and breathing issues, and uveitis, all of which I saw doctors for. By the weekend I was nauseous and unable to eat or get out of bed. I went straight to the ER where I found out I was in acute renal failure. By the next day my lungs were hemhorraging. The nephrologist at the hospital diagnosed me immediately and began treatment. I stayed in the hospital for two weeks and am now home on a prednisone/cytoxan regimen.

I'm trying to learn as much as I can while being patient and also trying to heal. As a newbie to this all it is quite scary!

I've read this site over the last few days and I'm so grateful to have found people going through the same thing.

I look forward to learning more from all of you!