User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New drug study in the Netherlands: Supresses inflammation without impairing immunity

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CT01 View Post
    Hi, I have joined the forum to help a friend suffering from Wegener's. I see that the posts are from April 2015. I am hoping that there has been progress on the mentioned alternate Drug- Dalazatide by now. If anyone has any more information on the drug then please share the same...it will be very big help...Chetna

From what I have seen for 2016, I believe the drug is still in trial. Recent articles list success treating Lupus and Multiple Sclerosis. I have not seen clinical trial results for GPA by Kineta. Here is a link to Kineta:

"Dalazatide is being studied as a potential treatment for multiple autoimmune diseases including lupus, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, inflammatory bowel diseases, type 1 diabetes mellitus, atopic dermatitis, asthma, ANCA vasculitis and autoimmune uveitis."

http://www.kinetabio.com/autoimmunediseases.html

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CT01 View Post
    Hi, I have joined the forum to help a friend suffering from Wegener's. I see that the posts are from April 2015. I am hoping that there has been progress on the mentioned alternate Drug- Dalazatide by now. If anyone has any more information on the drug then please share the same...it will be very big help...Chetna
    Check this out:

"ChemoCentryx Announces Presentations of Positive Results from Phase II ANCA-Associated Vasculitis Trials (‘CLEAR’ and ‘CLASSIC’) of Orally Administered Complement 5a Receptor Inhibitor CCX168 (‘Avacopan’)"

-- Oral presentation at the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) Kidney Week 2016 to highlight Phase II AAV CLEAR trial results --
    -- Oral presentation at the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) 2016 Annual Meeting to highlight Phase II AAV CLASSIC trial results --
    MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, USA I November 07, 2016 I ChemoCentryx, Inc., (CCXI), today announced oral presentations at two upcoming medical meetings discussing the positive results obtained from the Phase II CLEAR and CLASSIC trials of CCX168 (newly designated ‘avacopan’) in patients with anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic auto-antibody (ANCA) -associated vasculitis (AAV). Avacopan is a potent orally-administered small molecule that is a selective inhibitor of the complement C5a receptor, or C5aR, and is the lead drug candidate in the Company's orphan and rare disease program.
    The current standard of care in AAV uses high doses of chronic glucocorticoids (steroids such as prednisone or prednisolone), which can cause significant safety issues, including premature death. The Phase II CLEAR trial was designed to assess whether avacopan could provide highly effective control of AAV disease while also eliminating the need for steroids. Separately, the Phase II study known as CLASSIC was designed primarily as a safety study to inform eventual labeling requirements for avacopan. As previously reported, the CLEAR and CLASSIC trials both successfully met their objectives.
    “The positive results from the CLEAR and CLASSIC trials mark the successful culmination of our Phase II development program with avacopan in AAV. We believe the data show strongly that avacopan, via a novel mechanism for the treatment of AAV, provides rapid and effective control of the disease. Importantly, the data also show that avacopan eliminates the need for chronic high doses of steroids currently used in the standard of care,” said Thomas J. Schall, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of ChemoCentryx. “It follows that the robust datasets to be presented at these two upcoming medical meetings support our advancing avacopan into Phase III development, which we are now preparing to do.”

Link: http://pipelinereview.com/index.php/2016111662997/Small-Molecules/ChemoCentryx-Announces-Presentations-of-Positive-Results-from-Phase-II-ANCA-Associated-Vasculitis-Trials-CLEAR-and-CLASSIC-of-Orally-Administered-Complement-5a-Receptor-I.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234