hi folks
I have just been tentatively diagnosed with wegeners, the rheumatologist I am seeing wants to do a nasal/sinus biopsy to make certain, but he is pretty sure it will turn up positive.
it all started at the beginning of October last year with pancreatitis, this put me in hospital for a month and off work for 3 months, however there was no cause found, no gallstones or alcohol so they put it down to a virus that I may have picked up, this was quickly followed by a sinus infection then an ear infection then scleritis of the eyes, this put me back in hospital for a further 2 weeks, this was about 8 weeks ago, it was mentioned at the time that it could be an auto-immune disease, nothing more was mentioned about it, then about 3 weeks ago I had to go and see my diabetes nurse who went through my recent run of bad luck and mentioned I have vasculitis to which I replied no I don't, it turns out that the hospital ran the tests but failed to notify anyone of the results, my normal GP was not happy about this and sent me to the rheumatologist who I must say has bent over backwards to help me, he has spent the last day trying to get me in for either a CT or biopsy of the nose ASAP.
I am currently on 20mg of prednisolone a day, any less and my eyes start to play up again, the rheumatologist wants me off them because of my diabetes.
I have done nothing but read up on this disease over the last week, lots to take in.