User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: HBO special on curing cancer with deadly viruses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default HBO special on curing cancer with deadly viruses.

Did anyone watch this special about research at Mayo on using deadly viruses (measles, AIDS, etc) to actually cure cancer? I wonder if they will ever stumble across some such out of the box treatment for autoimmune disorders.

Mayo Clinic?s Measles Virus Therapy for Cancer Profiled in [...] | Mayo Clinic News Network
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think im one of the few people in the world who doesn't get hbo. Im going to have to see if its been released to netflix or amazon. Sounds interesting!

Ah! The producers of the show posted it. Its on a program called Vice. I haven't actually watched it yet, but they say its the full episode.... Very nice of them!
    http://www.vice.com/read/watch-vice-...ing-cancer-217

.............couple hours later.......

I watched the entire program. Phenomenal! I hope its not the type of sensationalized reporting where they try to find the deepest snow drift to stick a ruler in. I don't think it is, but I'm always a little skeptical. I stayed up way past my bedtime to watch it -- its quite incredible and a well-done program.

When I was watching, the first half hour or so was a very good, uninterrupted stream, but the last part was buffering every few seconds. I guess their servers are getting slammed with other people trying to watch the program. I don't know if everyone will be able to watch it. Sometimes certain programs are blocked in other countries, but its well worth the time to see if you can.

Quite exciting if cancer really is cured -- the science behind it is very interesting. Thanks for posting!
    Last edited by vdub; 03-04-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VICE is one of the best real reporting shows on TV...very good and valid reporting...kinda oddball sometimes, but very insightful on real world things...not your NBC News by any means.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT