Since most of us have pets and love to talk about them, I thought I'd start an Off-Topic thread where our pets are the topic!

My dog Patch-- the white/black one in my avatar-- is crazy smart. The other day he walked around with a post-it note stuck on his foot. Now, most dogs would tear it off in a heartbeat, right? Not my boy. He watches everything. I've had a lot of paperwork to do lately, and I used a lot of post-it notes. I think my baby boy figured out that post-it notes mean "Pay Attention to This" so he "noted" himself.

My dog Lotus-- the black one-- is Patch's intellectual opposite. I read once that you can test the intelligence of a dog by putting a towel over them and counting how long it takes for them to shake it off. I inadvertently conducted this experiment on both Patch and Lotus. I wasn't feeling well a couple weeks ago and spent most of the day in bed, really out of it. When I'm that sick, I invite the dogs on the bed for snuggles. Lotus was laying right next to me. I fell into a deep sleep. I got up to go to the bathroom and was still in a total haze. I tossed the blankets across the bed. When I came back, Patch was on the floor staring at me. Lotus was nowhere to be seen. I called and called. Finally she poked the tip of her nose out from under the blankets. She was completely covered by a sheet and two blankets. If I hadn't called her she would have suffocated under there. That's my little girl. So much cute, not much room for brains.