I'm not sure if all of you get to follow US news or not, but measles is becoming a big issue here. A few weeks ago, some unvaccinated kids attended Disneyland in southern California and spread the disease to a lot of other unvaccinated kids. The disease is now spreading throughout the western part of the US and probably the world.

According to the news this morning, the odds of one of catching the disease if exposed and not vaccinated, is about 90%. Those aren't good odds and I'm sure its higher for us who are immune suppressed.

I think most of us in western civilization had almost forgotten about the disease, since it was nearly eradicated because of mass vaccinations in the '50's and 60's. But, if you look up measles, its a very nasty disease -- I hadn't given it much thought until now.

The CDC is expecting the Super Bowl to be a big spreader of the disease. Some schools are refusing to allow students to enter the building unless they have proof of vaccination. And some doctor buildings are shuffling unvaccinated people to other entrances or refusing to see them at all. I think there is a good chance that the vaccination issue will eventually be settled by the courts.

This message isn't intended to start a "yes or no" discussion on vaccinations or fan the flames of passion. I'm just saying that this is what's going on here. You might want to check with your doctor to see if your vaccinations are up to speed and see if you should get a shot. Again, this message isn't intended to start a discussion on pro/con of vaccinations, so I don't want to see that -- just check with your doctor.