Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fatigue?

I was wondering if anyone knows if the severe fatigue that plages those of us with vasculitis is from high inflammatory indicators, such as ANA, ANCA, C-rp, RF, ESR or is it the result of immune suppression or something else.

Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a symptom of our dumb disease. The test markers you cite indicate how severe the physical symptoms are.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pete,
    If someone is in complete remission, they shouldn't have any elevated inflammation factors or anca's.
    Do you have a high neutrophil count?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know the neutrophil count as it's not included in my monthly CBC. My sed rate and c-RP are within normal limits.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Don't know the neutrophil count as it's not included in my monthly CBC. My sed rate and c-RP are within normal limits.
    Do u still have fatigue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fatigue is something I got initially and it has never gone away ...ever. I hate it. Some days it is horrible and others it is just there. I hate it.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtmeo View Post
    Do u still have fatigue?
    Just a little on the day after I take my mtx. It doesn't interfere with my normal activities. At disease onset and when I had a flare 3 years ago, the fatigue was crushing.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I know for me that when my numbers are high I'm in severe pain.. I know as the numbers go up and let the doctor know I'm in horrible pain, he does blood work and let's me know it's back.. We work well together, but I've been seeing him since 2006.
    You need to have a one on one trust with your Rheumatologist.. He or she should be able to look at you and tell you how your feeling..
    Good luck..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There seems to be many weg's folks that have fatigue whether or not they are on immune suppressants and even when their inflammation markers are normal. There has to be something else attacking the body or maybe ATP which is our energy for cells. Maybe some pathogenic process triggers flares, such as mrsa?
    Infectious triggers for vasculitis. - PubMed - NCBI

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtmeo View Post
    There seems to be many weg's folks that have fatigue whether or not they are on immune suppressants and even when their inflammation markers are normal. There has to be something else attacking the body or maybe ATP which is our energy for cells. Maybe some pathogenic process triggers flares, such as mrsa?
    Infectious triggers for vasculitis. - PubMed - NCBI
    It could probably be any of that, or just that permanent, irreversible damage has been done to some of our organs and tissues, such as our lungs, brains, nervous systems, upper respiratory tracts, etc., which doesn't stop us from functioning but may make things more of a struggle. Also, a good number of us are middle aged or older, and fatigue seems to go along with that for many people. And simply being out of shape, due to not enough exercise, may cause fatigue! If our fatigue level has been low to moderate and then suddenly increases, then we should be concerned about a possible flare.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast