Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
I don't think by using the NeilMed rinse, as recommended by pretty much all our doctors if we have sinus involvement, that you are in the same category with those who will put anything up their nose without consulting a doctor first. That you happened to get some in your ear, and it caused an infection, is an unusual occurrence. You were following a doctor's orders when this happened, as you said.
One of the advertising points for Grossan Hyro Pulse is that it can be regulated easier than the squeeze bottles and is a lot more gentle even at the highest settings than the squeeze bottles so it might be less likely to cause the problem of getting water into the Eustachian tubes. The directions on the squeeze bottle also advise not rinsing when nostrils are plugged since this is more likely to force water into the tubes. I have learned though how to barely squeeze the NeilMed bottles to get a very gentle force when my nasal passages feel plugged or partly plugged. It seems easier then to clear them by blowing after I get some water up the nose.