I'm so thrilled to have found this group!
Let's see where do i start... Back in the summer of 2011, I had a horrible case of sclaritis ( sorry i'm not a great speller). After going to 3 different doctors, it was Finally improving. The last Dr i went to did a blood panel, which came back negative for autoimmune diseases, like lupus. Then a month later, my ears and nose were infected. They stayed that way for a few months, untill pneumonia was added on top of everything else. Then the unfortunate happened. I couldn't walk and could barely breathe while trying to care for two toddlers while my husband was at work. I ended up in icu for about two weeks at the first hospital. I remember waking up one morning to a lab worker and nurse scared crying bc all of my fingers and toes were black on the ends. That night my mother in law (who is an ent) got to transport me by ambulace to one of the best hospitals in the state. I was there not even 10 minutes before the dr came in & immediately knew i had wegeners. That began my 1 1/2 months of this new hospital journey. I am so thankful for this hospital staff. They were a able to begin the healing of my bleeding lungs, kidney failure, saving my fingers and toes, along with all the other organ problems.
I am thankfully beginning to show signs of remission.
Everyday i am thankful for what i have. Getting this disease hasn't been completely horrible. It has made me mentally stronger, more compassionate, & more loving. I will admit it has been hard, especially when family members have told me i wouldn't be sick if i had a job, while in the hospital on a feed tube in icu. Life is much more than this disease. I try every day to not let it define who i am.