Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia_b View Post
    Lol. The Colts are doing really bad.
    Seahawks played well tonight.
    Sorry the Colts are doing badly. But, Go Seahawks! I just posted and deleted because I wasn't watching the game today and didn't know who won, so had to go look. Shows what a football fan I really am.... NOT! But, it's pretty exciting for anyone in Washington state to know the Hawks are going to the Superbowl AGAIN!!! YAHOO!!!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't watch football, unless it's playoffs or the superbowl. Colts have 7 points, Patriots have 45 points with 3minutes left in the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia_b View Post
    I don't watch football, unless it's playoffs or the superbowl. Colts have 7 points, Patriots have 45 points with 3minutes left in the game.
    Me either... last game I watched was last year's Superbowl.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Anne, don't think I can like your Seahawks posts, being from just north of Foxboro.......Ma.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The superbowl is going to be exciting this year. I may watch it, definitely the halftime show. Those are usually interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    Oh Anne, don't think I can like your Seahawks posts, being from just north of Foxboro.......Ma.
    Dale
    Well, Dale, I don't even know who is going against the Hawks in the Superbowl this year, or do we even know yet? Is it possibly your team? Like I said, I'm really not much of a football fan to begin with, and only get excited under these circumstances. I do not expect you to like my temporary enthusiasm over the Hawks, and in general, am not unhappy if your team does well!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The title of your post had me wanting to say, No your not happy to be here!

It looks like you have one of those attitudes like mine! I have dealt with everything from broken back to cancer to Diabetes and losing part of my lung and going on oxygen 24/7 for severe COPD as a result of this horrible disease trying to take over my life!
    My philosophy is when life throws me crap I pick it up and throw it right back at life! Your right not to get consumed by this! There is a lot of life out there to be enjoyed and I'm going to enjoy it! I'm only 58 years old and I have my limits, but so do healthy people, My limits are not like theirs , that's all!
    That's one good Mom in law you have, the only transport my MIL did with regards to me was to pack up and go on vacation with us and me not knowing about it til the last minute, then have her complain about where she didn't want to stop for meals which I stopped where she didn't want to eat!
    I finally told my wife that next time we were taking her mother in law on vacation, (My mom)! No disrespect for either mom, God rest their souls!
    Nobody knows how we got to the top of the hill. But since were on the way down, we might as well enjoy the ride!
    James Taylor, Secret Of Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom, i love my attitude about this disease, lol. The first time i got out of the hospital, i had to have a "helper" stay with me and the toddlers bc i struggled to walk, and was still coughing up blood. The helper stayed while my husband was at work. I felt horrible. I had severe depression and very bad mental breakdowns, lasting for a few days at a time. Then one day, i got mad at myself for not trying / giving up. I was 25 and decided i wasn't going to allow this disease to control my life anymore. So i pushed myself to walk, then jog, now i can run again. It's not my high school track capability , but i can play with my kids now.
    So by letting go of the control this disease had, i gained my new life. I'm now making a huge list of things i want to accomplish, like seeing all 50 states and hiking the rest Appalachian trail. I'll just have to work around all those monthly labs and check ups, lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12