I got my first xolair shot on December 16. Within a few days, I felt an improvement. It is used for people who suffer from severe asthma and/or sinusitis that is resistant to all or most standard treatments. If you know anyone with severe asthma or COPD, I hope you will pass on this information. I am not sure if it would be of any help for Wegeners symptoms.

i was very worried about being able to afford the shots...but felt desperate to find help for my debilitating shortness of breath, wheezing and other respiratory symptoms. Well...today I found out that my monthly Xolair shots will only cost us $15! I was expecting to have to pay somewhere around $150. I have insurance, but for some reason, only the medicare part of it would cover the injections, leaving 20% for us to pay. The medicare negotiated price per shot is $800, so even 20% on a monthly basis was a lot of money. Looks like the company reduced the price based on a form we filled our with our income info. Hurray!! This is the only treatment that has worked for my persistent asthma and sinusitis. I might be able to get back to normal. Or at least what passes as normal for me!!

I am still not absolutely sure it is the Xolair that has improved my health since I have only been totally off prednisone for 12 days. But...i was only on less than 5 mg for the last two weeks of the taper....so "normally" I would be going downhill fast by now. Yay!! I get my second shot on Thursday. Fingers crossed!