Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Possible cause of Wegeners?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am making soup today as it helps us get more veggies in. I gained about 40 pounds and had lost some then flared last spring so up went we the pred. I tried hard to watch what I was eating, but I think both of us were down about what was going on. Some days seem like a no win situation as exercise is tough at times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jakekell View Post
    I am making soup today as it helps us get more veggies in. I gained about 40 pounds and had lost some then flared last spring so up went we the pred. I tried hard to watch what I was eating, but I think both of us were down about what was going on. Some days seem like a no win situation as exercise is tough at times.
    Yep, soups like that are great. I'm feeling pretty good right now because though I'm still on 13mg. pred and 15mg/wk MTX, my latest blood work was very good and showed normal inflammation markers. A year ago, I was starting to flare and my inflammation markers were up! And I just took a walk on my road. Not feeling in tip top shape today so just went about a mile. But every little bit helps to build up more endurance. I know some days there is just too much going on to even work in a 20 min. walk.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Good studies and we need more like these to find some answers.
    Thanks for the reminder, drz, that we are veering off topic a bit. The studies Kirk posted links to really do look helpful in understanding what is going on here.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is really good a mile! I am going to get on my bike tomorrow and work at going a little further each day. I go at the end of the month to find out where my inflammation is now. I am on same amount of MTX, but my pred is 2mg. I should raise it up a little just don't want to doc at CC told me I could go down if my hands were better. I am still fighting the nodules/lesions on the bottom of my feet (under the skin) walking isn't great right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is really good a mile! I am going to get on my bike tomorrow and work at going a little further each day. I go at the end of the month to find out where my inflammation is now. I am on same amount of MTX, but my pred is 2mg. I should raise it up a little just don't want to doc at CC told me I could go down if my hands were better. I am still fighting the nodules/lesions on the bottom of my feet (under the skin) walking isn't great right now.
    A mile is OK, but I know I can do better. My lower back was hurting a bit so I didn't push it. No nodules or lesions on bottoms of feet, though, thank goodness. I think I've relied on pred too much and should be able to get down quite a bit lower. I'd be happy to get down to 10mg. right now, which I was at for quite awhile in the past. But 7.5 or 5mg would make me happier.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good studies and we need more like these to find some answers.
    Those are good studies and they lead us to real answers! What's even more important is that the individuals and institutions doing the studies are highly respected for quality research. They aren't being followed or reported on quackwatch dot com or being investigated by the FDA. In fact, the researchers cited in the studies have real degrees and credible backgrounds. Studies are important only if the researcher and the institution doing the study is creditable. These are..... Thanks, DRZ! Good find!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    A mile is OK, but I know I can do better. My lower back was hurting a bit so I didn't push it. No nodules or lesions on bottoms of feet, though, thank goodness. I think I've relied on pred too much and should be able to get down quite a bit lower. I'd be happy to get down to 10mg. right now, which I was at for quite awhile in the past. But 7.5 or 5mg would make me happier.
    I know getting down on the pred is good, but starting to think that I may have to up just a little ugh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know getting down on the pred is good, but starting to think that I may have to up just a little ugh!
    Sometimes that becomes necessary try to feel better and avoid a flare. It is a delicate balancing act. I'm leery, too, of tapering much right now, because I've had flares in the winter before.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About a year ago, they put me back on pred at 5mg/day. I felt immediately better. In essence I was on 10mg/day since I was also on 20mg/day of hydrocortisone, but I don't count the hydrocortisone because it is a replacement rather than a treatment.

I felt so good for 6 months that I was very leary of changing any dosages of my drugs or even the brand of drug I was taking. I didn't even want to change the time of day that I took my drugs for fear of changing something and no longer "feeling great".

However, I knew, eventually, it would all end despite my efforts to keep a steady state. And, it has ended. I felt that I was going downhill as far back as last september and it has continued. I'm not sure what causes it to change, but I'm wondering if my body has a natural up and down cycle to it. Oh well.... 'tis the nature of our situation....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to stay ahead of this dumb disease...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456