Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible cause of Wegeners?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is none in my family that I know of however I have no history with my father. He died at 51. Any way, back to lead. That is a heavy metal that I worked with most of my life as a Master Plumber. We would have to melt lead in a pot, out of fittings and pour and caulk hot lead for a long time. Inhaling fumes from many different substances. With lead water piping and other materials used even today, as the water travels through the pipe it builds up a sort of screen of small contaminants from the water to the lead or piping, in essence insulating the water from the lead. I am not saying it is or was healthy at all. The Romans loved lead so much they not only made baths, water piping, sewage piping, cooking utensils, plates, cups and many other items from lead. Our term plumber comes from the Latin "plumbum" or worker with lead. That is my lesson for today.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know any answer, but have been total by doc's something is in the genes in my family. My nephew that is being looked at for MS was told by his doc at Maimi University Hosp. that Scottish people have high rates of AI's...maybe true maybe not. My parents were first generation from Scotland, who knows, but maybe we will one day. Our entire family suspects my mom had wegs not as bad as most, we will never know of course. The lead used in pipes could have caused damage way back when?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The human genome project proved that we do not inherit diseases from our parents.
    Genes cannot remove their protein sheath nor turn themselves on.
    This process must be activated by two different complexed series of environmental signals.
    This is why they never found the cancer gene.

Dr Bruce Lipton, The Biology of Belief
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjj0xVM4x1I

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtmeo View Post
    The human genome project proved that we do not inherit diseases from our parents.
    Genes cannot remove their protein sheath nor turn themselves on.
    This process must be activated by two different complexed series of environmental signals.
    This is why they never found the cancer gene.

Dr Bruce Lipton, The Biology of Belief
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjj0xVM4x1I
    No one said we directly inherit vasculitis from our parents, as we do eye color and such. Vasculitis literature says we don't directly inherit these diseases. That is, if your mom has vasculitis, it doesn't mean you are going to inherit it or are at risk for it. What I think is being said (and I hope the more knowledgeable here will chime in) is that there are certain genes that have been identified as making people more predisposed to developing WG or other vasculitis. That doesn't mean everyone who has these genes will get it. Yes, genes are inherited from our parents, but we will not inherit an identical combination of genes as what our parents have, nor will we inherit the same combo as our siblings (unless we are identical twins, I guess). Genetics is complicated, some genes are recessive and others are dominant, and whether they show up in observable ways may depend on what other genes are present. Genes are in pairs, as I understand it. If you have one gene for blue eyes and one for brown, having inherited those from your two parents, you will have brown eyes, because they are dominant. It takes two blue eyed genes, one from each parent, to have blue eyes (that is, unpigmented vs. pigmented irises, and there are variations in these colors). I don't know to what extent the genes identified in regard to predisposition to WG are active dependent on what other genes are present. I am not a scientist and don't think you are, either. But I don't think top WG researchers would be investigating a genetic link if there was no chance of it. I'm not taking the time to watch the video you posted but may research the guy in it. There are lots of conflicting theories and ways of thought on these things and we believe what we choose to believe. I hope someone more knowledgeable about current WG research and findings will chime in here.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this excerpt from Wikipedia is true, then it disqualifies Dr. Bruce Lipton from being taken seriously by me, for one:

Bruce Harold Lipton (born 21 October 1944 at Mount Kisco, New York), is an American developmental biologist best known for promoting the idea that genes and DNA can be manipulated by a person's beliefs.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    If this excerpt from Wikipedia is true, then it disqualifies Dr. Bruce Lipton from being taken seriously by me, for one:

Bruce Harold Lipton (born 21 October 1944 at Mount Kisco, New York), is an American developmental biologist best known for promoting the idea that genes and DNA can be manipulated by a person's beliefs.
    His personal belief is not the point I am making, so if you watch the video, you will see how genes cannot turn themselves on or off without the appropriate environmental signal.

If you want proof of personal beliefs influencing the world around us, see Quantum Physics - Double Slit Experiment here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am chuckling about Dr. Bruce Lipton research........really don't believe it and think a lot of researchers may not either. I heard there was a documented case of a dad/son that both has wegs now racking my brain where heard or saw it. I do believe something is going on in my family why don't know, but would love to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtmeo View Post
    His personal belief is not the point I am making, so if you watch the video, you will see how genes cannot turn themselves on or off without the appropriate environmental signal.

If you want proof of personal beliefs influencing the world around us, see Quantum Physics - Double Slit Experiment here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc
    The sentence I posted was not about his personal beliefs, it was about him apparently "promoting the idea" that anyone's beliefs can be used to manipulate DNA and genes. If he promotes this idea, I can't take seriously other things he may say. And who said anything about genes turning themselves on and off? I think we all agree that there are environmental and other triggers that prompt the immune system to turn against the body, whether it involves genes or not. If there are genes that may make this more likely, that is not saying that the genes are the direct cause of it, nor that they have become active or inactive at will. Quantum physics is not something I understand or have time to delve into, but I would not deny that personal beliefs can influence the world around us. I just don't believe that they influence genes or DNA, or even if they do, then why would you think they could not turn themselves off and on if the person believed it hard enough? Not that I believe that or am sure that you do. I'm not sure what you do believe, as it seems to be all over the place. I don't say that I believe a whole lot of things, because there is too much I don't know, and one person telling me something or citing a source that seems weird to me is not going to make me believe something. Sorry, but I truly don't have the time to watch those youtube videos. There are too many other things I really need to be doing.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jakekell View Post
    I am chuckling about Dr. Bruce Lipton research........really don't believe it and think a lot of researchers may not either. I heard there was a documented case of a dad/son that both has wegs now racking my brain where heard or saw it. I do believe something is going on in my family why don't know, but would love to.
    I'm with you, Mary. We all know that many of us are the only ones with WG in our families, but that in some cases, there is more than one. And in a family such as yours with lots of autoimmune diseases, I agree there has to be something going on. A genetic predisposition to getting these diseases doesn't seem the least bit far fetched to me. Again, that is not to say that everyone in such a family will get one, or that there are not environmental factors and things like infections involved as triggers. I think exposure to these triggers may be quite random. Nor does it mean that every case of WG involves a genetic predisposition at all! The fact that these genes exist, and affect some people's likelihood of getting WG, does not mean that a person without these genes cannot get WG. I don't think anyone ever said that.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think there is one answer to this and I really do think there may be a predisposition to different diseases such as AI. I think that it is possible that we have a makeup that reacted something, stress, infections, etc. when everything lines up it happens. I do hope they find out one day how to prevent this as our family has concerns for the following generations starting with our kids.

Mary

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast