Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Swelling under one eye

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Swelling under one eye

Does anyone else get swelling under one eye. It seems to get worse throughout the day and worse the more I do and is linked to the ear pain. Some days it's like someone punched me under the eye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be a sinus infection.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Pete, no my ENT has done cultures and an MRI and found nothing. He has no idea what's causing it, plus it seems to come and go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is your vision affected? does the swelling go away? I had something similar and it started out that way. after a few months the swelling increased and my vision seemed to change where I could not drive. I had the same kind of pain with freqeunt migraines that followed. After lots of evaluations they eventually diagnosed me with an Orbital Psuedotumor. After putting me on lots of steroids initially it almost went away within a couple of days. I had to stay on the high dose of prednisone for a while and the swelling eventually went down. After over a year it has not completely gone away (you can feel the swelling but can't really see it).
    Sorry for the long story. I hope this is not the case, but thought i'd mention it as it sounds familar to me.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ncr1980 View Post
    Thanks Pete, no my ENT has done cultures and an MRI and found nothing. He has no idea what's causing it, plus it seems to come and go.
    I'd get it checked out by an opthalmologist (preferably one knowledgeable about GPA) and your rheumatologist as well ... to rule out any nerve involvement. Nerve inflammation could cause the ear pain. Prednisone will hide the pain, but the rheumatologist may suggest additional treatment. Good luck!
    Last edited by MaxD; 12-12-2014 at 05:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaxD View Post
    I'd get it checked out by an opthalmologist (preferably one knowledgeable about GPA) and your rheumatologist as well ... to rule out any nerve involvement. Nerve inflammation could cause the ear pain. Prednisone will hide the pain, but the rheumatologist may suggest additional treatment. Good luck!

Yes, definitely get if checked out. In my case it was definitely my optic nerves that were messed up.