User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone with hormonal involvement with WG?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone with hormonal involvement with WG?

Ok so i no it sounds funny. Since my last pregnancy 4 years ago ive just never recovered hormonally. Ive been to sooo many docs for it. Alot of blood work. Was told im bipolar- im not. Was told im in menopause -im 30 and i am not! But over and over im told that my symptoms- mostly severe pms and depression - are because im depressed. I understand depression. Ive been there for reasons i can explain. But i really struggle with excepting this dx when there is no explanation. I dont feel like there is a pinpoint in it. So do i just except it as what they say and let them pile the meds on? You no..who wants more meds? Side effects ugh! So what i have done is on the meds off the meds for 4 years. I get so sick of my side effects...anyway i think i no the answer. Maybe im just looking for someone who relates. Thanks guys! Amanda

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm bipolar and I'm in MANopause...and I have good docs who get to the bottom of things. You need better docs. Best to you.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    I'm bipolar and I'm in MANopause...and I have good docs who get to the bottom of things. You need better docs. Best to you.
    You had an accompishment today! You just made me laugh and ur probly right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe im just looking for someone who relates.
    I can certainly relate. Wegener's took out my pituitary, which is considered the master gland and controls all other glands within the endrocrine system. Without the pituitary, I need drugs to control my kidneys (no hypothalmus), my cortisol and human growth hormone (no adrenal), testosterone (no gonads), thyroid (no thyroid glands), B-12 (no intrinsic factor or pituitary stalk). All of these drugs are my "keep alive" drugs. Without them, i eventually die, but I'm not sure how long that would take. Certainly less than weeks and possibly days.

Yes, mood swings and depression are a big part of hormone issues. With this many artificial hormones trying to replace the real thing, you get many side-effects, both physical and mental. Some days are good and some days are bad. Rarely can you predict which days will be good.

The best advice I can give is get frequent blood tests (monthly), adjust your meds accordingly, but slowly, such that you know what drug is doing what to your mind and body. It took me 5 years to work through my drugs to where I now have a reasonably level of drugs. I haven't changed the dosages in about 5 months --- bloody record by jove! Good luck to you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amanda, you know your own body.
    If it doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't.
    Don't let any doctor put you down - you deserve better than that.

I hope you find the help you deserve with the right doctor that can make it happen.

Big hugs to you
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS