Hi Everyone,

I was diagnosed with GPA in October 2014. I first started noticing mild symptoms about 2 1/2 years ago. The symptoms started to become significantly worse about 2 months ago. Some aggressive doctoring on my part resulted in my recent diagnosis and treatment.

I have received great care by the Philadelphia Veterans Administration Hospital and the Upenn Rheumatology Department (NIH Vasculitis/GPA consortium hospital)

The progression of events that led up to my definitive diagnosis were: discovery of Alpha1 Antitrypsin deficiency>shortness of breath>pressure in back>Xray>2 masses on right lung>antibiotics>2d Xray>CT Scan>PET Scan>differential diagnosis of lung cancer>lung biopsy>inconclusive>second lung biopsy>review by the Joint Pathology Center>2 masses found to be granulomas>ANCA blood test>positive>DEFINITIVE DIAGNOSIS>referral from pulmonologist to infectious disease>ruled out symptoms masquerading as GPA.>referral to rheumatology.>TREATMENT: Prednisone,Bactrim,Fosamax,Calcium,Vitamin D, Rituxan> Feeling great FINALLY!!!

I have suffered a lot physically and emotionally over the last couple of months as I am sure you all have. Through it all, my faith in Jehovah Rapha (The Lord that health thee) [Exodus 15:26] has been greatly strengthened.

Thanks for making this forum available.

XnCelt (Xn - Christian/Celt)
also known as Roger