Hi,
My name is Hannah, and I'm 26 (until Saturday!). I live in western Kentucky. I've been lurking awhile. This forum has helped me count my blessings. I was diagnosed with Wegener's back in March, which was found due to inflammation in my right eye. I also have gross crusties. I had inflammation in my left eye back around 2005 and saw a rheumy, got put on Mx, and actually had steroids injected into my eye. It wasn't diagnosed as WG then. I had a vasculitis flare in 2011-2012, with red spots all over my legs. I saw another rheumy, and was put back on Mx. The name Wegener's was dropped by a dermatologist removing a bit of skin for analysis, but it wasn't my official diagnosis until this year.

Since November, when my eye flared, I have seen my primary care doctor, an ophthalmologist, a rheumatologist, a nephrologist, an ENT, and a GI doctor. I had a kidney biopsy back in July, which showed scar tissue, but no active kidney issues. I was put on steroids and Mx (pills, then injections) in March, and have since tapered off the Prednisone and cut off the Mx due to high liver enzymes. I'm scheduled to have a liver biopsy and ultrasound to determine the cause of my liver issues, because my GI doctor is not convinced the liver count is due to Mx. I'm not currently receiving treatment for the WG, and I guess I'm just waiting for my next flare. We're currently trying to sort out the liver issues. I'm hoping that I don't flare soon, and that the Mx is not what's taking a toll on my liver, because the alternatives to Mx don't look great!

I appreciate this forum as a place to learn. I consider myself lucky to have a mild form of the disease right now. I'm a teacher, I'm working on my master's, I have a girlfriend and a cat, and my day to day is managed by medication. I get a ridiculous amount of lab work done, but that doesn't bother me. I'm not thrilled about my upcoming biopsy, but it sounds like it'll be much quicker than the kidney biopsy.

Thanks for reading and for the support.