Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eye tearing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vdub, I too have the tearing and the OTC drops seem to help but I also have sjogrens which does seem to cause dry eyes. I was told that dry eyes can cause tearing because your eyes are trying to keep your eyes moist.

lag713, I have had problems with glaucoma too... I don't know if you are using prednisone or not... but every time I use prednisone even a low dose like 5 mg I get the high pressures in my eyes and I have to go on drops for glaucoma and then when I am not on prednisone for a while my pressures go back down and I can get off the med. So maybe talk to your ophthalmologist about prednisone and glaucoma.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your feedback, Carrottop. My intraocular pressure is fine so that isn't likely causing signs of glaucoma. I don't take and have not taken prednisone so that wouldn't be it either. I was wondering if the ophthalmologist misidentified something related to wegs as being early signs of glaucoma. I guess the wegs specialized ophthalmologist will figure it out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been having this problem too. It is in my right eye, but it also swells up and hurts really bad. So if I push on the area that hurts and swollen it will drain through my nose. I will be getting checked out next week.

Miracles do happen!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123