I'll try to be brief, but not really in my nature! Thought I'd share my WG experience hoping it can help others to compare symptoms.
2002/3 this is over a few months: had constant nose bleeds and then constant eye watering, went to doctor who did test and was sending me to Opthamologist as no results from swabs he did. Before I got that appointment, started feeling really sick (throwing up), itching on ankles and then purple spots appeared on my ankles and elbows (went to chemist who said I had flu and run down, spots although unusual, probably just warts she said - even though they were ghastly purple....DO NOT ASK A CHEMIST FOR OPINION is what I have learned). Still feeling sick went to visit brother 8 hours away, first day there, having night sweats, joints swelled up like balloons and could hardly walk (looked like i'd been in the saddle too long). Went to doc about joints, who firstly wrote script out for arthritis, then I showed him spots and he checked my heart (which apparently was racing like i had done a marrathon) - he tore up script and said wouldn't want to kill you know would we....sent to hospital and fortunate enough to get a immunologist who does 1 day a month in ER. Had kidney damage & lungs where white. Spent first 2 weeks being poked and prodded and every aweful test under the sun until come to conclusion of WG, next 4 weeks there, another 3 weeks at my brothers until meds were adjusted before I finally was able to go home (not my home but parents as i was to sick to look after myself)....that was the year that changed my life.