User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help. I don't want to overreact.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help. I don't want to overreact.

My health has been declining steadily for the last couple day. I shrugged it off to some bad diet choices, and lack of sleep. But, now I am scared.

My brain is buzzing. Like it feels like it's either swelling inside my head or literally buzzing with electrical current. I can feel my brain. I am also lethargic, out of it, half my tongue is kind of numb, I have a weird metallic yet not coppery taste in my mouth. I feel like I could just keel over and fall onto the floor if I let myself. I keep hearing these high pitched frequencies ... like tinnitus but it's strange it's like there is more than on all at the same time.

I have never felt like this before and I am concerned there could be something neurological related going on. Like, worse case scenario ... seizure or stroke.

I have never ever ever ever felt something this bad in my brain. I have pressure in my sinuses like I have for the last couple of days. I don't want to overreact but ... I'm actually a little scared.

I am seriously contemplating a trip to the emergency room when I get off work.

Has anyone else ever felt this?
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've never experienced anything like that. But it doesn't sound good... Especially if you feel you could keel over/pass out. I'd be feeling the same as you, though, if it were happening to me - not wanting to overreact. But that said, I'd still go to the ER. Seriously. No clue what it might be, but you should probably seek medical attention. And maybe before work is done? Keep us posted!

Jen
    "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

http://www.sensinganenemy.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Nikki

I've never felt like that other than tongue numbness when I had a bad migraine. Sounds like there are too many symptoms to ignore though. Please please please get it checked out.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jennie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Follow your intuition and go to the ER. This sounds scary. I hope it is nothing serious but you don't want to take the chance.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go to the ER too. Strange tastes and some other weird stuff can result from a drug reaction and those can require some quick action before things get worse. Anyway you will feel better after checking it out even if they don't find anything serious and that will reduce your stress and anxiety which is very important to your health too. Remember Jacks advice"Just because you have Wegs doesn't mean you can't also have other health problems too."
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki, if it doesn't feel right - then it generally isn't

I seriously hope that you got down to the ER to get it checked out.
    It is always better to be safe than sorry.
    If it is nothing, then you can be satisfied that you were checked over, and then you will be able to rest easy and ease your anxiety.

Please tell me that you went
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree...get to the doctor.

I did have a metallic issue with my mouth. When I investigated it turned out I had some fish oil capsules that had gone bad...so nothing related.

I am flaring now myself (as far as I can tell anyway) and I too am having head and ear issues. Never had sinus issue previously so I'm not 100% sure they are Wegs related. But the ear ache has lasted through three rounds of antibiotics so I'm guessing it is.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki, I agree with everyone else,it may turn out to be nothing serious but better safe than sorry. Can u leave work early to go. Please be careful driving.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to be nosy, N, but just wanting to hear an update that everything turned out okay...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you went and that everything is ok. I've had weird echoey tinnitus along with headaches and sinus pressure lately too. I feel like it's all related and all WG/GPA. I get my brain MRI results tomorrow and am very curious... I know what you mean about feeling like you could keel over/pass out, and feeling your brain. I feel like my brain is swollen, or the stuff around my brain is swollen. I have had the headache and tinnitus go away and then come back so I'm not totally panicked. I also think if there were anything really awful in the MRI they'd have called me and told me to get my ass down to an ER rather than booking me an appointment two days after they received the report. Have you had an MRI of your head or a neurological exam? Since the disease can affect our brains it's probably a good idea. Hopefully it's not that. I know migraines can cause all kinds of strange symptoms and it sounds as though you're working really hard through a flare... But best to rule out brain involvement. It sounds as though head MRI to rule it out is pretty common among forum members. (But that actual central nervous system or brain involvement itself is quite rare.)
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast