Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My mom in surgery today

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're already living in a condo and have been for years. I'm glad they don't have garden/property upkeep to worry about. I think you're right that help at home will be the way to go. They worry about finances but I think they can swing it.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad that the surgery went well. your mother is blessed to have you. I pray for easy and fast recovery for her. take care of yourself as well, so you can be there for her.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I'm late responding to this thread. Sending out healing thoughts and prayers to your mom, Lisa, and also to yours, Phil.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also apologize for responding late, was without cell service for almost 5 days and without that I cannot be online.
    Praying for your mom, Lisa, for a quick healing/recovery. Also for you, because not being able to be there is hard. Will be praying for you when you are able to be with your parents and give whatever support you can.

For you Mr Phil, praying for your mom that she can soon have some relief from the terrible pain she must be experiencing.
    Love to all....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa ,i am also glad to hear your moms surgery went well. When will she be realeased from the hosp. ? Don't over due it yourself,you need to remember to give yourself a break.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad to hear the surgery went well lisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's your mom doing Lisa? I know you want to be there so be easy on yourself as you will get there soon. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all of you for your support. My mom seems upbeat and happy that friends and family are visiting. They've started gradually getting her moving a bit and will continue to do more. She has a bit of a cough from being immobile, which is somewhat concerning but she's in good hands.

My sister from Seattle got there last night and will take good care of them... She plans to cook some meals (and I know friends are already doing so), catch up on their laundry, etc. Between the two of us we will make sure they get a housekeeper/caregiver lined up before they're left alone. Mom has to take stairs just to get in her front door and neither of them will be able to bend to use the washer and dryer. Oy! In same ways I wish they'd let us move them to the beautiful seniors' home across the street from their condo, but they're not ready for that and I can't say I blame them. I've tried to convince them to move to BC for years. The Calgary sister and brother are super-busy people involved in everything and spending a month or two of every year in Guatemala. My Seattle sis and I are home more and could spend more time with them as they age, and I am their health-care decision-maker in the event of their incapacity. (They know I'd be the last one to 'pull the plug'! And of course I assume I'm their favourite, but I think each of us makes that assumption, which to me is a sign that we all felt loved growing up... ) so I'd love to have them here but their friends and home and everything else are there, so... Probably lots of back and forth for us over the coming years. It's not far, only a one-hour flight. Good health care for me there too, maybe even a second opinion one of these days.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Oh Lisa..... I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I will be in Calgary on July 14 to 16 to see my lung doc. If you are there then let me know and we can hook up. We will probably stay in motel village again as it is close to Foothills. I hope the surgery goes well for her.

My mom is 65 and I can also see my parents aging and their health going down hill. My mom was recently diagnosed with spondylolisthesis, which is a vertebra out of place. She is in massive pain in her legs, prob due to the sciatic nerve. She fell out of my brother's truck in 2011 and I tried to convince her then to see a chiro but no, too stubborn. She finally has an appointment with my chiro, but now she can barely walk. I hope my chiro can help her.

This Forum is not just for Wegs stuff. It is for us stuff. Sometimes we just need to get things off our chests. Never feel like you are intruding here Lisa, post away as much as you like.
    Phil, I'm sorry I was so wrapped up or preoccupied that I forgot to respond about your mom! I'm sorry she's in such pain and hope that she finds some relief soon. It's hard to see a parent suffer. She's fortunate to have a loving son who I'm sure prays for her daily...
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa they will teach her how to go up and down steps with a walker, at least they did me. That was before I even left the hospital. With any luck she will only need the walker for 4-5 weeks and can graduate to a cane.

Phil I hope the chiro is able to help your mom feel better. Nothing worse than back pain.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast