Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My mom in surgery today

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prayers and hugsfrom the UK as well Lisa, hope your mum is well soon.
    If you can't be positive be optomistic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Praying for you and your family. My Mom got sick with her autoimmune disease when I was 11. So I know how much stress it can produce! Remember to take care of yourself, and if you need to "talk", PM me.

Jen
    "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

http://www.sensinganenemy.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Joyce is sending your mom Joyce, wishes for a speedy recovery.
    I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa , I am also praying all goes well with your moms surgery. I am sure she will be up and around with that new hip in no time. My boyfriends mother fell some time ago and fractered her pelvic bone and shoulder. She was in rehab for awhile and is also supposed to use a cane but refuses. It's their pride I think...makes them feel older???
    Phil, I hope your moms visit to the chiro helps,she needs to do anything to prevent having surgery done on her back. My mom is so bad now after having to have 4 of them.
    Prayers to all the moms and dads...where would we be without them !!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa sorry to hear about your mom. I won't say hip replacement is a breeze (I've had 2) but I hear the knee replacement is worse. I pray she will make a full and swift recovery.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good luck for your mother in her surgery today ! prayers coming from Israel
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such advances they have made in hip replacements now.

My mother-in-law had one done over 20 years ago and she wasn't allowed to move for days and then she was walking with a frame with well over a month.

Now, a friend of mine (77 yrs old) had his done a few weeks ago and they had him up and walking with crutches on the 1st day and without crutches by day 3.

70 years of age is certainly not old by any means and I will pray that Joyce does not have too much pain after her procedure.
    Last edited by mishb; 06-30-2014 at 08:34 AM.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers. The surgery was delayed until today (her blood thinners haven't decreased enough yet, and it's busy with fewer ORs because it's a long weekend here). so we're just waiting, and they have her pretty drugged up in the meantime. Right now I think it's harder on my dad and my sister than it is on her. My sister is recovering from foot surgery and spent the day in my mom's hospital room with her foot propped up. She can't wait until one of us gets there to help out!
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom had her surgery late yesterday afternoon/ early evening and was doing well last I heard. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers! I'll go visit and do what I can to help out (not sure how much that will be as I seem to have hit another bump in the road, sleeping half the day and up at 4 am with bad headache again. If nothing else I will keep her company, give my dad some breaks, help order takeout and get a part-time caregiver in place to help with her physio exercises, getting moving, and helping around the house once my sister and I go back home. It seems to be getting to the point where my parents need to consider permanent part-time help around the house, or assisted living so there's always help around when needed. They're very independent and my mom even still loves entertaining, so I think help in their home for the time being would be best. I actually had trouble keeping up to HER when she was here! I'll broach the topic carefully when her healing is more underway.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad the surgery went well. I'm sure they'll have her up and moving around today. No rest for the sick you know.

I tried recommending the assisted living to my parents, haha they said no in no uncertain terms. I even tried to get them to buy a condo instead of a house. No again. Now my Dad has passed and I would love it if Mom would go to assisted living, again NO. If the part time help around the house works that's what I'd do. Plus it will give you some peace of mind.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast