User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: how many of us have saddle nose ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gragnoc View Post
    With all of the sinus involvement I have experienced that past 15 years. I am very surprised that I do not have a saddle nose, but my sinuses do not drain properly and have to do saline irrigation constantly to clean out all of the junk.

Alysia, I saw your profile pic and I think you look beautiful!
    I'm not sure how it all works, but maybe the problems are staying in your sinuses because they are so blocked up, and not occurring as much around your septum. And maybe you have extra strong cartilage there, compared to some of us. People on here can testify to the fact that lots and lots of saline irrigation can prevent a lot of damage, so keep that up, and I hope you see some improvement soon!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some folks here asked for a little bit more info. on restylane to correct the appearance of a saddle nose.

"Restylane is a crystal clear gel that is injected into the skin (or for some treatments just under) in small amounts to restore volume and structure. It is based on hyaluronic acid, similar to the body’s own hyaluronic acid that diminishes as we age. The hyaluronic acid in Restylane is non-animal which means that no skin tests are needed and that there is a minimal risk of allergic or hypersensitive reactions".

I get a product called Restylane Perlane as it is more suitable for the nose area.
    It takes less than 10 mins and the results are immediate.
    It is expensive, One injection costs about 350 euro and lasts at least three months but that depends on the individuals metabolism.

I have had no problems in the three years I have been getting these fillers. I discussed and researched it thoroughly with my ENT, and now go to one of the top plastic surgeons in Sweden to administer it.
    Happy to answer any questions.

Yvonne.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Yvonne for sharing here. (I also got PM). its important info. although I am too afraid to use it.
    thanks Greg for your kind words
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I'm not sure how it all works, but maybe the problems are staying in your sinuses because they are so blocked up, and not occurring as much around your septum. And maybe you have extra strong cartilage there, compared to some of us. People on here can testify to the fact that lots and lots of saline irrigation can prevent a lot of damage, so keep that up, and I hope you see some improvement soon!
    Thank you Anne. I appreciate the encouragement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

counting so far: 7 have it. 6 not.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have saddle nose, not to bad yet, but I do have two holes in my septum. Going in Wednesday to get a stint put in to help me breathe as my nose is starting to fall apart. Nose surgery is in my future to rebuild it