Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question CellCept questions...

Hi,
    Just back from JH and the Dr. doesn't like the effects the MTX is having on me, so he's starting me on CellCept. I know nothing about it, I don't even know anyone who is on it and that makes me very nervous. Can anyone fill me in?
    Thanks so much,
    Deb H.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Deb,
    I don't know anything about cellept, but to make you calm, I remmeber many around using it, and feeling good with it. mtx didnt work for me either.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to remember Sangye being on Cellcept for a time. You might PM her. And she has the same doc you do, as you know.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been on cellcept for seven years now and except for a slight hiccup at the start,i was started on too high a dose,i've been fine and it's worked well for me.i'm currently on 2 grams a day.i hope it works as well for you as it has for me.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi John,
    Do you know what dose you started at? The only side effect was hiccups? Are you in remission?
    THX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi Deb
    over here in the UK a slight hiccup means a small problem.i started on 3 grams but developed pneumonia because of it.i came of it for a while then restarted on 1 gram which gradually increased to the 2 grams I'm currently on.i haven't had any serious WG episodes for a few years but I've been pred free for the last 5 weeks and I'm beginning to experience a lot of joint pain and extreme lethargy.good luck on cellcept just beware of starting on a high dose.
    john

Santo, Texas (60 miles west of Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't take MTX either. Cellcept worked better for me but had a lot of side effects--posted elsewhere above. RTX is doing the job now without Cellcept so far. I feel better.
    J. Mike Milliorn, Santo Texas
    Diagnosed Jan. 2011
    at the Cleveland Clinic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike,
    I also am treated by Villa-Forte at CC. I'm really hoping that she will soon say that i can cut the cellcept out. I think sometimes i really am confusing to the docs, because I also have COPD and fibromalgia. They tell me I'm an interesting case, I don't know if that is good. I would like to talk with you sometime, if you would like to private message me, please do. It seems we have a lot in common. Take care!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!