Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My name is Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbeach78 View Post
    Well I hope it gets better for you. I know if it wasn't for my family I would starve along with my dogs...my wife brings home the Bacon now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Hi Shawn. You will see from my signature that I am only an honorary weggie. I was misdiagnosed...but have very similar problems. All these folks are so helpful, and fun....why would i think of leaving?!!

WhenI was in the hospital I had large amounts of prednisone. the hospital bill actually said 125 mg 5 times a day via IV. I am more inclined to believe the doctor's report which said 60mg 5 times per day via IV. My eyelids were like broken spring-loaded shades. i could NOT keep them closed. I was in the hospital for a week, and got a total of 6 hours sleep. Did it help my breathing? Only a little bit. But when they reduced the pred to a manageable 40 mg taper, I slept all the time.

Anyway, hopefully you will taper down. Also, don't worry about who brings home the bacon. My hubby had to go on disability with his severe asthma, and I was there to bring home the bacon. Now that I am going through a tough time, although we are both retired now, he has taken over most of the housework for the past month, and takes very vigilant care of me. Hopefully I will get over my shortness of breathe soon. I love to cook, and want to get back to it soon. Anyway....it is all part of the wedding vows. In sickness and in health. We are there for each other.

Welcome to this great group!!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an update at sparks Med. In Ft. Smith....kidney biopsy went well..Phil you were right nothing to them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are supposed to let me go home, but no doctors have even made rounds yet.hopefully they don't change their mind

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbeach78 View Post
    They are supposed to let me go home, but no doctors have even made rounds yet.hopefully they don't change their mind

Hope you get "sprung" today!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made it out of hospital. Should get my results of the biopsy on Wednesday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SWEET Keep us posted. I sent a message out to the VF to find out if they have any docs listed for OKC or Tulsa. I figure just stick with these 2 cities seeing as they are the closest to you and also in your state.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay You! Onward and upward!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to meet you Shawn. Your backstory is so similar to mine, my Mom and I were laughing at how you explained it with a lot of humor! Your meds, Cytoxan and 80mg of Pred. is EXACTLY what I was put on. I had a lung Bx. and a nose Bx. My kidneys were and never have been really involved except a few red blood cells in my urine sometimes when I go for checkups. I Love your sense of humor and hate you got this disease, but hey, I was Diagnosed in 1990, and Im still kickin! So we are all here for you! As you read through the site, and old posts, you will realize that no question is too stupid or dumb or embarrassing to ask. And venting is Totally expected at any time! I hope you stay with us! And will be thinking about you! Best of luck and I am sure you are prob feeling better now. That 80mb pred. made me feel like I could fly! It gets old, and your glad when they start weaning you off, but after feeling so terrible for so long, its a great relief.......Have a good day! :-)
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for saying hi Lilly. It definitely gets hard to keep up beat. My family is my biggest strength, this site has helped with my understanding of all of our unique situations. I am very thankful the knowledge I have gained here.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345