Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I joined Pinterest but just don't have the time to mess with it. I'm glad someone is enjoying it, or was, until they found this forum! This forum does take a lot of my "spare" time but it is well worthwhile. I need to cut back a bit, though, make my answers a little shorter, not feel like I have to reply to every post. There is only so much time in the universe and we can't create more.

Don, I just had my coffee and am UP. It is a nice day for a walk.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    I understand your 'but', BUT the colloquial phraseology of the current etymological standards of the youthful/musical congregation of world wide standards and their music requires that 'somebody get up'!! That would be US...somebody needs to get their asses in gear in order to beat this disease...yesssss, MORE coffee....now everybody get UP!!!
    mmmmm challenging my poor dictionary, ha ? you secretly English teacher

Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    This forum does take a lot of my "spare" time but it is well worthwhile. I need to cut back a bit, though, make my answers a little shorter, not feel like I have to reply to every post. There is only so much time in the universe and we can't create more.
    don't cut anything Anne. we need you just as you are

and of course, talking about hobbies.... being here.
    but maybe being in the forum is not a hobbie. it is life line..... says the addicted one....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, I agree with you entirely that the forum is a lifeline and not a hobby. Some of our discussions on Facebook may be more in the hobby realm, though even those can be lifelines at time. I don't know what I would do without the community we have formed here and will probably not "cut" very much anytime soon.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    will probably not "cut" very much anytime soon.
    whew.... thanks
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Walk a few steps for me too I miss feeling the breeze while walking
    Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to blog about library related issues when I was working. I loved it! I use edublogs, which is free if you don't mind there being ads here and there. I found it a great way to write down my thoughts and save them....and be helpful to some folks in the process. Since I retired, I have lost my motivation to write. Hopefully I will get back to it someday.

My hobby right now is healthy cooking and reading about nutrition. I will post here soon about that. Maybe I should strt blogging about that.

Obviously reading is my life-long hobby. Always a new world to visit! Also, my husband is a nature photographer, so I often go with him on his photography expeditions. Usually just day trips.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Received my quilting books last week. Now to start acquiring the necessary things to start. Think a pillow is a good start. Small and cheap.....lol
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    Received my quilting books last week. Now to start acquiring the necessary things to start. Think a pillow is a good start. Small and cheap.....lol
    I would love to be quilting! I did some when I was a lot younger, when my mom was doing some, too.... she was a fabric junkie and was always buying and collecting remnants at reduced prices at the fabric stores. There is a new vendor at our farmers market who sells quilted items and has a very nice display... I'll try to get some pics for you, if she doesn't mind, ..... just for ideas.... maybe just a couple quick shots of her booth, which I could also offer to share with her. Anyway, yes, pillows would be a good starting point.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BookNut View Post
    I used to blog about library related issues when I was working. I loved it! I use edublogs, which is free if you don't mind there being ads here and there. I found it a great way to write down my thoughts and save them....and be helpful to some folks in the process. Since I retired, I have lost my motivation to write. Hopefully I will get back to it someday.

My hobby right now is healthy cooking and reading about nutrition. I will post here soon about that. Maybe I should strt blogging about that.

Obviously reading is my life-long hobby. Always a new world to visit! Also, my husband is a nature photographer, so I often go with him on his photography expeditions. Usually just day trips.

What fun! Let us know how it goes. I love quilts and have a family friend who makes beautiful ones. I've always thought it would be fun to try. Hope it's a good distraction and stress reliever for you!
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast