Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: H1n1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I didn't hear that immunosuppressed patients had or should have a second shot. I'll check into it. I too had a red patch about 3 inches in diameter. It stayed on my arm for more than a week. I couldn't get both at the same time and should get one this week.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know that either Jolanta. I will be making a call to my doc today. That's why I like this forum, you get great information!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

We are all good now.it took about three weeks for it to leave our house but I beleive it is gone.The kids seemed to get it twice or never recovered fully and it sprang back over a week. I feel much better and got out of the house. We beat the vacs. with the flu.
    Second shot? I was told that it was ness. for kids 6 and under from the health dept. here.three weeks apart. I see the RA in two weeks. I will end up with it then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you're all over the flu!

I've only heard that the 2nd "booster" shot is used for small children. The first gives very minimal protection (as determined by presence of serum antibodies). Then they must wait 3 weeks for the booster. The 2nd shot takes 2 weeks to be fully effective. So from 1st shot to effective date, it's a 5 week period. That's assuming it's effective, of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had no reactions from either flu shot, and I am going to talk to my doctor about the need for a second H1N1 shot. I will see him in two weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i asked why the second shot and was told exactly what sangye said.because i have a suppressed immune system the first shot is not enough so the second shot is neccessary.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd shot required after 3 weeks for immune suppressed patients according to the NHS website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I opted out of the vaccination that was offered to me in Cleveland....I surely hope I didn't make the biggest mistake EVER. I have never taken them in the past and I have never been in this predicament either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snooz, consider taking vitamin D every day. It's been shown to prevent and reduce flu severity.

This is my 4th flu season on immunosuppressants. I've never even gotten a cold. It isn't a given that you'll get the flu, or if you do, that it will become serious. In the end, either option--vaccine or no vaccine-- is a gamble.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I can find on the web, it seems that the NHS advice has now changed and the 2nd shot is only being offered to children under 9 years of age.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast