Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: H1n1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

I can't decide if Iwant it or not? The school district here wants to give it to all the kids at school. Some parents I have talked to are againest not many want it.

My big question is if my kids get the live vac. (mist) is it safe for me to be close? Living in the east we all worry about it. And with the seasons changing everyone seems to be coughing more and congested. I bought the biggest bottle of germ gel and put it in my car. Everytime back in I use it. And try to get the kids to do the same.

I had my first flu shot this year. I felt like poop for three days after. It pulled the rug out from under my feet and I landed on my butt in bed or on the couch. Not a great thing because I am not allowed to get sick. I am the MOM, the motor that makes everything work smoothly. If I am down then the world around me falls apart.
    Last edited by onatreetop; 10-27-2009 at 12:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a very difficult decision. MUCH harder for you parents or people who are forced to be in contact with more people than me.

The notion about the live flu vaccine and contagion is being completely ignored by the CDC, docs, media, etc.... It's the elephant in the room! There's no logic to their argument. They say the live vaccine can't possibly cause flu. Yet because it's live, it's not safe for immune-compromised to receive? Doesn't add up.

And now they're sticking live vaccine up the noses of millions of kids packed together in classrooms and sending them home to their immune-compromised, pregnant or elderly relatives. Since flu spreads through nasal droplets, from a scientific point of view this is a perfect recipe for a flu pandemic. If I were a flu virus, I'd be sending thank you gifts to the vaccine manufacturer-- they make it easier to do my job!

Two of the most shocking things in that Mercola article were the real number of people who die from flu each year and how H1N1 just swept through the entire southern hemisphere without decimating populations or mutating to a more virulent strain. Like he said, this isn't Ebola virus, where the choice about vaccination is clear.

I don't envy your decision, Onatreetop. You're right-- the mom is the engine of the family. I don't know how Weggie Moms do it. I struggle enough being mom to my dogs and bird.

Doug Guest

The vaccine hasn't even reached my part of the world as of yet, making this an interesting test of the "no shot" position. I do wish I had the opportunity to have the shot if I wished rather than be one of hundreds of thousands of Nebraskans getting to ride it out until the vaccine is available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that if people want to have it, it should be available to them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Called the RA and they said if I decide to vac the kids it has to be the shot. if they sniff I will get it and dont recomend it at all. Also one of the school nurses told a good friend that she doesnt rec the mist either. She also told her she isnt suppost to say either way but.........Oh yeah one of the families I have worked for for over ten years , Dr. and laywer, said that anyone with the flu is considered swine now. There kids had it over the weekend and are better now. They have always got the flu shots and had the normal shot but like everyone else is waiting for the other to be available.

My daughter came home telling me that over 70 kids were out sick today
    and a lot more sent home sick. Seems the flu may have bet the vac..?

The school district whats the permission slips by Wednesday. I don't think I want to do it. One of the questions is have you ever had a reaction from another vac.? Yes all my kids have and I had a mild reaction from the reg. flu shot weeks ago.

I think that 1/3 of the students in school have to be out before the school closes for cleaning.

Thank you so much for all the info. It is nice to find this stuff out from a person that has time to talk about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since the H1N1 killed vaccine is arriving so late and takes another 10-12 days to confer immunity once administered, it does seem like the main "epidemic" will already be in decline by the time most people get the shot. Unless there's a second large wave later in winter, it'll probably get recorded as a vaccine campaign success!

I don't like that they officially stopped testing and counting H1N1 cases back in August. To assume every flu right now is H1N1 is unscientific. Scientists don't assume, they look at facts.

I am glad they're cleaning and disinfecting the schools, though. Swine flu or not, classrooms get pretty gross.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hubbby being a doc got the vaccine today, all's well except his arm hurts. I am getting the shot this week, but I have been feverish for 2 weeks with 37.3 to 38.8 deg C so we'll see how it goes.
    Jolanta

Doug Guest

Should you get a vaccination when you have a fever? I always thought not. Especially as a weggie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely should not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too late, got it 5 hours ago. My "fever" is strange high one day low another. Its been like that for couple of weeks. I had a checkup last week for tightness in my chest but it all sounds clear. I remember that when I started on cyclo I also had headaches and a bit of a temp, just not this high. so maybe its mtx. So far I feel fine and my temp is 37, so it looks good. My wellbeing is the same as always, so is my energy. I will keep you updated for the next two weeks.
    Jolanta

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast