Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: News!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes sense to me that there are specific genes to WG. my parents are relatives.
    also, the low incidence of WG in Israel might be connected to the fact that Israel is a country of immigrants from all around the world. so usually there are no reltives marriages. therfore maybe, less wg
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a long standing theory that since my dad was at ground zero in Nagasaki 2 weeks after the bomb was dropped, that, in turn, his body was heavily radiated thus affecting his genetic repro...voila, moi! It's vague, non validated, but nevertheless, with possible discoveries like this, it lends credence...just thinking...as always...sips coffee...chokes...yuk....
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds reasonable to me, Don, though you will probably never know for sure. Being there 2 weeks after the bomb must have done SOMETHING to your dad, for sure.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...killed him at 54...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very sorry to hear that and am pretty sure you have mentioned it before.... I forgot.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne, you are sooooo nice and caring...you scare me! LOL! Just kidding the nicest person on here!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Anne, you are sooooo nice and caring...you scare me! LOL! Just kidding the nicest person on here!!!
    Oh, heck, Don, I'm no nicer than Alysia or Michelle or Cindy or a bunch of others I could easily think of! But thanks for the compliment. I'm probably too nice for my own good.... maybe better work on that.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've sent in any DNA.......lol

I have tried to be a part of some these studies that come up but usually I can't because I am too far away.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting study.
    I can only access the abstract for this study. Association of granulomatosis with polyangii... [Arthritis Rheum. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Next time I go to my doc in Seattle I will go the University library where I can get access to the full study without paying big bucks for it . I'm not sure when this is. When I do get it I will make it available here by email from me.

Phil you hang it there. I have had a recent couple of bouts of problems too and surprisingly I am getting better again- dunno why really. I hope you start feeling better soon too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Kirk. I am glad to hear you are doing better.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast