Thread: Second life for our previous book project

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Second life for our previous book project

Hi gang,

I haven't been on here much because I've started writing a book about my experience with this disease, and some of you might remember when we started this idea about three (or so) years ago. So I've been thinking about resurecting this idea of having an anthology of our experiences and making it a book within the book of my own experience I am writing. That being said, if you'd like to add your story to the book, I'd be thrilled, and honoured. I think the more the better and who knows... it might become the great thing we all dreamed about at the beginning. Jack was the first one to submit his story to me and I have some of the others on my Weggie blog.

I have an editor working on chapter one and two already and she said she can't put it down, so maybe we do have a story to tell.

If you would like to join the fun (I do have to admit it's a bit harsh going down that particular memory neural path, it's made me a little emotional as I write this stuff down and relive it in my mind's eye,) you can see the general outline at Weggies Unite: The Book - use it as a guide if you need help, but write your own story in your own words. They will not be edited, unless you want me to get them edited, just let me know when you send them my way. PM me if you don't already have my email address and I'll fire it off to you.

Thanks you all for inspiring me to move it forward from the first day I joined this forum. We can change things.
    Last edited by marta; 05-13-2014 at 03:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Workin' on it. Should have it done in a couple days.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Pete,

No rush, I'm on Chapter 4 and I'm just getting my lung biopsy in my story, so there's still time I have a lot to say )

Thanks to you all for considering this. There's not a lot of replies here but I know there's a bunch of you checking out the outline on my blog from this site, so I'm grateful.

I also just had an appointment with my super rheumy and her med student and her are working on publishing a paper from the survey you all participated in. We have over a 1000 Weggie respondents but some have to get cut out for various reasons to keep it all legit (like not putting gender, or age) but it's probably the largest cohort of Weggie answers anywhere in the world. It will be the basis of a paper probably this coming fall. Just thought you'd like to know that since you're all the ones that made it happen.

Peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Send us a link when it is ready.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you would like to join the fun (I do have to admit it's a bit harsh going down that particular memory neural path, it's made me a little emotional as I write this stuff down and relive it in my mind's eye,) you can see the general outline at Weggies Unite: The Book - use it as a guide if you need help, but write your own story in your own words. They will not be edited, unless you want me to get them edited, just let me know when you send them my way. PM me if you don't already have my email address and I'll fire it off to you.

Weggies Unite: The Book

Thanks gang.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a deadline by which you'd need the stories?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    Is there a deadline by which you'd need the stories?
    Hey Lisa,

I would like to have this close to done by this summer. I am on chapter four right now and I have a lot to say and I haven't even gotten my real diagnosis in the story yet, and I haven't event gotten to the part of being in jail in Austria when I was 10, so there is still quite a bit of time. I will give you all a few week notice before it's really getting close to completion, but take your time for the time being. I find it takes a while to put it all together in your mind before you commit it to writing, so 'enjoy' (I'm sure there is a better word) the process.

Thanks for even considering it.

Peace.

m

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Marta. I have always thought about writing a book about this dz. But I truly think I already have on this website! LOL. I tend to get very detailed, and want to help people really understand what I went through, and it turns out that I have written so much, Im embarrassed! But is there somehow I could collect all I have written on here and look at it? I feel I have told much of my history on here. (I think this is the shortest post I have ever written) :-O
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly