Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Methotrexate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Meth

I have been on pills and injections for years. I had to switch to inections of Methatrexate both me and my doc said it would minimize side affects and it did. I am on .8 and have self injected for over four yrs. now on and off.
    Since my last flare last yr 2007-8 I have been on inj. for over 14 months now with only slight problems like vitamin deficiency, few sores on lips but no more flares!!!
    Good Luck,
    Judi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried MTX when I was first diagnosed in Jan/09. It did not work for me but I did take if on Saturday morning so that I had Saturday and Sunday to lay around because of the nausea. It was not really that bad for me though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on mtx injections for a couple months, but developed lung infiltrates right away. That was long before I started at JHU. In the letter my JH doc wrote to get ritux authorized last week, he said I was allergic to mtx. Has anyone else heard that the lung infiltrates are actually an allergic reaction?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems possible that you reacted to mtx with your lungs getting the infiltrates. What about you sinuses at tat time?
    When taking mtx did everyone take Bactrim or not? My doc told me to stop taking it when I stopped cyclo and started mtx.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told to stop Bactrim when I stopped ctx an dwent on mtx. Something about ctx makes us particularly prone to pneumocystis carinii.

I've been on ctx since June this time, but I haven't taken Bactrim. My doc wanted me to, but he didn't push it. I've had tons of antibiotics--particularly in the past few months, so I'm staying off of them. I used to tolerate Bactrim fine, but now it gives me trouble. I feel lousy enough!

Some people say staying on Bactrim reduces their sinus infections. I don't have those, so I can't say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone in my office have had the cold or flu, even my hubby, yet I am fine. Couple of nights ago I had a bit af a spike in temperature 38 deg C, I was cold, shivery and sweaty. But by morning I was fine. So don't know what was happening but hopefuly that's the end of it.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago jola.temp got up to 38.9. so the doc gave me amoxicillin along with paracetamol and i lay on the bed with a fan blowing on me.temp came down and i was ok the next day.thankfully.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we are not out to pasture as yet eh John?
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of people at our temple have had colds and the flu in the past couple weeks. I'm not constantly around them, but certainly enough to catch something when there's that much going on. Still, no sickness. Even though any veterinarian looking at me would put me out to pasture!

Doug Guest

(Watch out if they talk about "putting you to sleep", though. I lived across the street from a vet for several years, and he told me what they really do. Har!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast