Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest CT Scan Results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy, would you want to help if it was another of your buddies on this forum rather than you needing to travel for treatment, and you were able to help? …. exactly.
    i don't know you all that well yet but I can tell that close and supportive relationships are formed here.. the people who love you want to help; if you let them, you're helping them too (by inspiring a communal sense of hope, by allowing them to feel that there's something they can do to help and they don't have to helplessly watch you suffer or not get the treatment you need, etc. etc. Its a WIN-WIN!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this is very humbling for me. In all my years I've always been the giver so it's hard for me to become the receiver. I've never felt such an outpouring of love and support as I do from you, my family, I sad to say not even from my other family. i'm very overwhelmed at this moment and yes Alysia every time I come back to this thread lately, I cry. It's a huge learning experience for me. Thank you Lisa for pointing out the win-win aspect of it as I didn't think of it that way. I will call Monday to see when I can get an appointment with Dr. Specks and see how long I'll need to be there. We will take it from there. Hugs to all.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    You guys are making me cry. Good tears though. Thank you, but still awkward...... I wish I could express how I feel right now, but very loved will do.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love your upside-down cat! And Alysia's hugging penguin....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    All this is very humbling for me. In all my years I've always been the giver so it's hard for me to become the receiver. I've never felt such an outpouring of love and support as I do from you, my family, I sad to say not even from my other family. i'm very overwhelmed at this moment and yes Alysia every time I come back to this thread lately, I cry. It's a huge learning experience for me. Thank you Lisa for pointing out the win-win aspect of it as I didn't think of it that way. I will call Monday to see when I can get an appointment with Dr. Specks and see how long I'll need to be there. We will take it from there. Hugs to all.
    Mayo gets thousands of visitors from all over the world each month so they have a lot of helpful and supportive services to assist you. You can access those by phone or on their web site I believe. They may have some helpful hints to reduce expenses too. Their airport also has many flights in and out to accommodate all the visitors. Good luck.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    I love your upside-down cat! And Alysia's hugging penguin....
    I loved the penguin too. She's so darn cute!!! That would be a lazy cat. A little stretch and little snooze on the back of the sofa.....Life is good.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy, I would have helped if I could. I feel the love. What an outstanding group of people. I'm so excited to hear about your trip to Rochester and how it all goes!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Cindy, I would have helped if I could.
    you are helping all the time, Anne, with your kindness and generosity and wisdom and caring
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news at last doing a little weggie dance here.........SSD was approved and will start on June 11th. Whoo Hoo. I found out by going to the web site where I check in every once in awhile. It wasn't there on Monday, but it's there today!!!! I assume paper is in the mail.

I made an appt with Dr. Loyd at Vanderbilt and that's in July. I made an appt with a new Pulmy and that's on June 23rd so about a month out. She will call with any cancellations so may get in sooner.

So that's all my good news for today. I think I did good. Big load off having SSD approved. Whew. Thanks to all of you for your unending support in my (as of late) frequent whining moods. With this done maybe things will look up. I sure hope so.

A quick funny that happened today. I went to DMV to get my car tags renewed, CVS pharmacy, Walmart Grocery and Dunkin Donuts. When I got home my son's girlfriend said what's wrong with your pants. I put my hand back there and there was a big rip from the waist to the the crotch just to the left of the back seem. My butt was a hangin' out. Thankfully I had a long shirt on and only some was seen. I have pictures and as embarrassing as they are everyone deserves to have a laugh and it's too funny not to share. Oh the underwear are a pretty green paisley too...... Ignore the big butt in the pants, BTW. I'm sure there was an easier way to do this, but not for me I'm afraid.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Last edited by windchime; 05-22-2014 at 06:25 AM.
    Cindy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yippee, Cindy! Good news! I'm so glad things are falling into place for you.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast