Hey everyone, I'm Mel from San Diego. I'm 26 years old and was diagnosed at age 19 (early January of '07). I had mainly pulmonary and upper respiratory involvement, but my kidneys were also affected. Thankfully I didn't suffer any permanent damage, but I've had lingering sinus issues for the past 7 years and have almost completely lost my sense of smell at this point. Honestly, it's a gift and a curse. I work in a hospital and there are MANY smells that I'm glad I don't have to experience. Always look on the bright side, right? :P

But yeah, things were pretty rocky for a while and I feel like I'm only just now getting my life back on track. I'm sure you guys have been or (sadly) are currently going through that whole song and dance, so I'll say no more.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better. I was a member of a support forum when I was first diagnosed called wegenersnet, I believe, and it was one of the only things that kept me sane during that horrible period of severe disease activity.

Best health to you all!