Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: you don't look sick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is SOOOOO hard. I work in a building with hundreds of people. I am scared to death of catching what is lovingly referred to as "the office cold" when they come around. You are lucky that your boss is masking/gloving for you.
    Just to be on the safe side, will you be masking also?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    I will let you know.

He hasn't made an appearance as yet but it's only 8.10am. Hopefully he just comes in for our meeting and then goes.

He is a good egg and will do as he is told His wife is a nurse, so he gets the big picture
    the tension is killing me so.... ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll have to wait until the others get into work this morning to find out.

I intentionally stayed clear of him, and now he will be staying home again.

Im pretty sure he would have put them on - I'm just hoping someone got a picture
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad news kids - he didn't wear them

The comment was - well since Mish isn't coming into the meeting now (I was stuck doing other stuff), there is no need to put the mask on.

Boo
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike,

Retirement has helped a lot that is terrible about your retirement system just wrong. I worked for banks and kept getting bought out so each time my pension would end so have 3 not big pensions. We each save 15% in our 401K as afraid to depend on the companies so it worked out well. We do have disability in the states if it gets to bad.

I feel for your desire to rest your body and get out of the work stress as there were times it was pretty hard. Hang tough it will go faster than you think!

Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARGH! I don't think people get it. They have no idea that a simple cold for them may mean pneumonia for us. I work in a health-care agency. I will have people stand in my doorway and say, "I can't come in your office, I'm sick"....however, just meandering about in my doorway will introduce enough germs for me to get pretty darned sick. Education is the key, but it is difficult when we work in a society that penalizes people for calling in sick and staying home when not feeling good, thus, spreading their "look at me, I'm working today and I am sick" germs. Once again, I say, ARGH! If they want us to work, and they do, they need to take us and WG seriously.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The comment was - well since Mish isn't coming into the meeting now (I was stuck doing other stuff), there is no need to put the mask on.

Boo
    in Hebrew we also say: Booo, which is a shorcut of the word in Hebrew that means somthing like shame or contempt... "Boo to you, Mr. Boss"
    I hope that he kept his germs to himself and that you are safe
    "Mish" is nice name. I think I am going to call you Mish
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at least you can tell him to be careful....
    I had today 2 patients coming to my office really sick, coughing and sneezing
    I allways sit with open window, but who knows....
    I now pray that their germs didn't catch me...
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If any of you haven't seen this video yet, please do so. It pokes fun at a germ free office, but in reality for some of us, it's not too far off.

Funny Staples TV Commercial, 'Sneezer' , 'Germ Free Office' 2014 | FunnyAds - YouTube

Maybe its time we made our own "We don't need your germs" commercial?
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia - I admire you for working in that environment. I am an RN and am scared to death of working in the hospital environment. I may succumb to working at home in triage, which is so not what I want to do. I miss patient contact :-(
    But, we really need to think of our health. Sick people will always be around us. It is almost a full-time job avoiding them.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast