Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: you don't look sick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry, Alysia. I feel your frustration. Yes, write the letter of complaint. I'm glad you have this forum on which to vent.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry too Alysia. We try to do the right things in our lives and when we deserve something, few doors open up for us.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    Keep trying Anne. Maybe send them a condensed version of Wegeners, focusing on what you specifically suffer from, and the results that can happen, and how the condition is affecting you now. Just a page or two. Maybe they will listen, maybe you have already done this, maybe they still will not get it. But maybe its worth a try. Wishing you luck ...... :-)
    Lilly, I wanted to clarify that I did indeed get disability, on the first try, even though I'm not as sick as some others on here. I was one of the lucky ones, and it may have been due to age and the fact that I already was making so little at my self employment that they didn't consider it serious work. I still have to continue that work, because of course, the disability isn't enough to live on, especially for me, who didn't pay as much as others into the system so don't get as big a payment. I feel much worse, though, for those who are struggling with Wegs and trying to work to make ends meet, who really deserve to get the disability but can't, so far. Yes, they should keep trying. And the system should change to give more of a break to these people. Same with the system in Israel, for Alysia.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry you had a bad day Alysia. The system sucks here and I don't think they know enough about wg. Write a letter to kupat cholim (israeli HMO) or even better go to their offices and sit in front if a clerk. It is time consuming but I got things taken care of that way. (Regarding Tofus 17). Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry sweetie pie...... Here as well we don't look after our military veterans very well.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Alysia, Sorry for your crappy day. I know how humiliating it can be at times. It sounds like you handled it like a mature person should. Kudos to you. There are many getting social security disability here that do not deserve it, while those that should get it, don't. It's disgusting.

Write that letter as they main office should know what's going on in the field. Is there an appeal process if you are denied? Hang in there kiddo. Something good is coming your way.

Had to laugh about the cat box as I've done that myself. Since I have to empty mine today I hope I've not jinxed myself. LOL Hugs and lots of love to you.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia,

I really feel for you, don't know how your system compares to the US. I know it can be hard here at times, but the older a person is they seem to get it sooner. I hope you can appeal this, what a doc if that is what he calls himself jerk!

Prayers to you,

Mary
    Last edited by jakekell; 04-25-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia - It's bad enough to feel like crap - but it is insult to injury to be treated like crap too. Please, report the "doctor" (and I use the term loosely), may even want to send a little note to your local newspaper
    to talk about the injustice of being treated like less than a person by a medical professional.

Hugs your way.

Blessings -
    Deborah

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia,you go girl !!! Write all kinds of letters to everyone you can think of and report the guy that dismissed you like that. Sorry you had a S***** day,but that was funny about the litter box ( Sorry had to laugh there )
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband thinks that way and just sits on the couch and watches me stuggle with daily chores He does not understand all he says well you should be ok it was not cancer... grrr I need a dr to explain all this but he I believe will never understand perhaps he does not want to

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast