Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pain Management?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drz

Sounds like you are doing pretty good for the surgery that you had. I am sorry that you now have fight the infection. Keep healing and keep letting us know how you are doing. Take care!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaha View Post
    drz

Sounds like you are doing pretty good for the surgery that you had. I am sorry that you now have fight the infection. Keep healing and keep letting us know how you are doing. Take care!
    The good news was when I saw the surgeon he said I didn't have any infection, just excessive bruising and swelling along with bladder spasms causing the pain so he stopped the antibiotic. He gave me some thing for the bladder spasms which seemed a help a little and put me on regular schedule of pain meds four times a day to reduce the pain and swelling too. He also told me with my health issues that my healing would be slower so expect another week or two before things feel a lot better. One week after surgery I feel better now although I still have sharp pains in one incision area where there was a lot work done and relocation of things affected by hernia. The pain meds make me tired so i sleep a lot now, sort of like the fatigue I had back during the early stage of my first treatment. After a couple naps I was able to do some light things today. So things are looking better for me.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that you are staying on top of bowel r/t potential for constipation with pain meds. Rest up and take care and do the best you can with nutrition to aide your healing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drz
    That is really good news, that you do not have an infection. You know now more about what they had to do in surgery. Just take it easy and keep on eye on the wound area. Baby steps is the best route for healing. Wishing you all the best!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drz! Hello... I hope you missed me Drz????? Haha... Drz, I'm so happy, to hear you're doing better... My brother over did it, just recently after I mentioned he also had hernia surgery. Drz, don't be that guy! Just take it slow, and if any droughts, sorry, I meant doughts, take it down another notch, better safe than sorry Drz... You're lucky I'm going to avoid telling my horrendous, story, of my infection after stomach/ intestinal surgery... Let's just say, it involves green stuff!!! And split open incisions... Take care, Drz... Sorry, for the typo!!! Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456