Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face A good report from the ENT!

I had my shortest ENT visit in two years today! Doc scoped left sinus, ran suction for about 30 seconds, switched to the other side, did the same, then rolled his chair back and said to me, "OK, tell me what you have been doing different the past month..." It kinda freaked me out a little actually. So I explained again what I as doing. With the Waterpik, I've been running the antibiotic through at the lowest flow setting while plugging the other nostril. I'm doing that until the sinuses are full, then I stop the water flow and let the rinse sit in the sinuses for 20-30 seconds, then I blow out the rinse. I do this three times with the antibiotic, but before i do this with the antibiotic, I do this 5-6 times with the regular saline.

Long story short is my sinuses are looking the best they have been in the two years that I've been seeing this doctor! A day to truly celebrate! It's been a long road since the raw, bloody sinuses and major crusting that started back in July/August!!!
    Last edited by MikeG-2012; 03-14-2014 at 02:00 PM.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"