Not. Cancer.

Praise God!

***BIG EXHALE***

Dad's pulmonologist said at his appointment yesterday that he had never assumed a malignancy incorrectly until my Dad became his patient. He also said how happy he is to have been wrong! He made us a copy of the report of the CT that was done prior to my Dad's cancelled biopsy. It basically said the nodule had shrunk by half its original size and the "extreme disease" in Dad's left apical lung that was seen on his initial chest CT has improved indicating that it was an inflammatory process all along. His pulmonologist will be monitoring his lungs closely with follow-up CTs and, hopefully, the inflammation that is there will completely resolve.

Of course, my family is relieved, but we are not resting on our laurels. My mission at present is getting Dad a better ENT. The one he has seen four times now is horrible, no other way to say it. He not once looked at my Dad's CT of his sinuses even though Dad took him a copy. He was dismissive when my Dad tried to talk to him about his chronic sinusitis due to WG. He also basically told Dad without doing an exam at his last appointment that since he has WG, Dad's rheumatologist should and would take care of everything.

I called and left a voicemail with his rheumatologist's nurse today that we would like the doctor to recommend an ENT with whom she has a working relationship and who also has experience treating WG patients. Hopefully, she can direct us to a great one.

So my Dad's only complaint right now is the continued upper respiratory symptoms, specifically sinusitis and nosebleeds that have been occurring every 1-2 days. He has only had one that was "red" and not "pink," but it makes him hesitant to blow his nose, which of course he feels the need to do often. He is also has a little anxiety about going anywhere and possibly having a nosebleed. Ugh, I really wish he didn't have to deal with this.

Can anyone give us any tips for controlling his nosebleeds? He already does sinus rinses and nose spray.