User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natural Gas? Is it toxic to our bodies?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Natural Gas? Is it toxic to our bodies?

I'm just wondering if natural gas is toxic to our bodies.

We have an old heating system in our house that is not direct vent with Natural Gas. So of course some of the spent and unspent gases end up in the rest of the house. I can smell it from time to time. I would think that the gases would not be too good for us to inhale. I have a hunch that it might be having an effect on my breathing function. Any thoughts?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Phil,
    It sounds possible that the gas is leaking and making you problems with breathing. read this link for example
    What are the symptoms of natural gas poisoning? - Yahoo Answers
    you should bring a profeessonal man to check it at all the house and if there is a leak to fix it.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks hun. I have been having headaches lately and have just recently smelled the gas in this way. And of course the breathing is worse recently as well.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Thanks hun. I have been having headaches lately and have just recently smelled the gas in this way. And of course the breathing is worse recently as well.
    untill the man will come to fix, try to open a bit some window to let some fresh air in. at least when you are not in the house, so you wil not freeze....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I'm just wondering if natural gas is toxic to our bodies.

We have an old heating system in our house that is not direct vent with Natural Gas. So of course some of the spent and unspent gases end up in the rest of the house. I can smell it from time to time. I would think that the gases would not be too good for us to inhale. I have a hunch that it might be having an effect on my breathing function. Any thoughts?

It actually sounds logical to me, that this is the reason, and a big culprit in your breathing issues.
    No gas is good gas to inhale.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil:
    You can have your gas lines pressure tested to make sure there is not a leak, A local plumber or gas fitter can do this easily. Natural gas has a very distinctive odor so you should recognize it. A byproduct of combustion of natural gas is carbon monoxide. If your system is really old. look at the smoke pipe between furnace/boiler and the chimney to make sure it has no rust holes, if so get them repaired immediately. CO is very toxic and causes headache and certainly breathing problems. For the most part you can't smell it. This advice coming from a Master Plumber.
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil there are also carbon monoxide detectors. They are like smoke detectors. Might be a good idea to get one.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, definately get that checked out soon,that could be the cause for ALOT of your problems
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that I'm particularly sensitive to ozone gas put out by some air purifiers. I get really bad bronchitis from it. Learned it the hard way as it took several times visiting my son and having progressively worse cases of lung congestion until I figured it out. So if you are using an air purifier in the house that uses ozone could also be a problem. Hope you get it all figured out. Hugs to you.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone. I just got up and will ask dad what he has done when he wakes up from his nap. I can't smell it today so maybe it is gone now. I think I will go and try to get a carbon monoxide detector as well.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast