Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALOE -----Anyone ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ALOE -----Anyone ??

I saw an ad in Sunday's paper about drinking 2 oz's of Aloe in the a.m. and p.m. to help aid in digestion issues like acid reflux and gerd along with other stomach issues caused my medicine. It was from a dr. that was on the Dr. Oz show. It's call Aloecure. I wondered if anyone has ever tried it? I remember Sangye talking about using Aloe before but I don't know if it is the same stuff.They try to sell to a 60 day supply but I got it down to 2 weeks but it was still $ 30.00 w/shipping, Expensive !! but there is a oney back guarnetee so I thought I would try it since I am always having stomach issues. Just wondering if anyone else every try it ????
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember Sangye talking about Aloe but not sure what she said about it. I know she took it in some form or other, just not sure what.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that aloe vera is a good, healing plant. It works very well on burns, especially if you use it right away. In fact, I just did that tonight, I burned my finger and took a leaf from an aloe vera I'm growing in the window, squeezed out some of the gel and smeared it on. In warmer months, or in warmer places, they can be grown outside. In pots is easiest so you can move them around. They like sun but can get burned and can tolerate some shade. They are a desert plant but if haven't started their life there would be shocked by that much heat. Anyway, I think drinking the gel would be a good thing. I'm not sure that you have to pay that much for it. I'd shop around. In a commercial product, I think the gel would be processed to be smooth and not lumpy and maybe with some water added. You could do that yourself if you had enough plants. They aren't hard to find in nurseries. But otherwise, I know I bought a large bottle of it once for not very much, though it was a long time ago. I'd shop around.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aloe vera juice - Google Search Check out the Walmart one, a gallon is cheap. I'm not crazy about WalMart, but would go there for that. Other possibilities on the page, too.

aloe vera gel - Google Search

I think the juice and the gel are basically the same thing. But the gel may need to be processed/thinned to make it drinkable. Something on these links told me I'm wrong, that aloe vera is not a naturally occurring desert plant, but only grown in cultivation. Maybe there are other kinds of aloes in the desert that could have similar qualities. Maybe our desert dweller, Don, could shed some light.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aloe juice is only good for you if you need help in the "pooping" area

Some one in our Oz group drank Aloe juice for a couple of mornings because his daughter is a personal trainer and told him that it was good for his health.
    She forget to mention that it was to used to "keep you regular" or to help with severe constipation.

Unfortunately he suffered terrible stomach cramps and diahorrea for many days.
    He was actually so sick that it I reckon it was probably the beginning of his latest flare.

Just remember, if you ever want to start a new supplement, or get healthy quick food, please google it first to see what it actually does and also to see if it interracts with any medications that you are currently taking.
    Please don't take the word of a friend, or in his case, a daughter - that it is good for you.
    Last edited by mishb; 02-05-2014 at 02:15 PM.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't tried it, really, so can't comment. But I wonder if the amount could be a factor. Deb mentions drinking 2 oz. a day, which doesn't sound like a lot. In any case, if one is going to try it, one can get it cheaper than Deb's source, although I don't know to what extent quality or purity would be a factor there.

I do know from personal experience that aloe vera is good for burns and skin issues. That is the only way I have used it, and at this point would agree that drinking it should be done in great moderation and with caution. If Sangye was here, I wonder what she would say.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne, I had huge aloe vera plants in Fl. they even had white flowered stems on them. I also had some here but they died. I used to break them open and use them often for burns also. I also have a bottle of aloe vera but it is so thick , I don't think you are supposed to drink that stuff. Michelle you were right , I should have checked it out before I ordered it, all I need is to spend half my time in the bathroom !!!! But the ad said it was more for acid reflex and bloating. I just remember Sangye talking about it before so when I saw it I thought it would be good. ( I miss her ) Well I may try it once..I can always get my money back !! While typing this ..I did a google search and it had mixed reviews. BUT the Better Business Burea doesn't back it,so I am going to call and cancel tommorrow and see what happens. Live and learn !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for using it for burns, last night I got a dime-sized burn on the side of my finger while tending the fire in the wood stove, and it was painful and red with a whitish blistered area. I wouldn't call it a severe burn, but it did hurt. I put some aloe vera on it right away, from one of my plants, and then placed a bandaid over it. When I removed the bandaid, the burn was obviously well on its way to healing. Now it is just pinkish with barely a trace of the blister in the middle, and it doesn't hurt at all. I barely notice that it is there, and only needed to apply the aloe once.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deb, I'd look for a cheaper brand of it. Aloe vera is aloe vera. You shouldn't have to pay that much for it, I don't think. But do whatever is easiest for you. Just a suggestion.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne, I called and cancelled it this morning,I figured they would give me a hassle but no problem. You were right when I googled it,it also showed they have it at Walmarts if I should ever decide to get it. Thanks !
    Glad your burn is better,it is good stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast