Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello! I am a new member.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ferretsmom

Thanks for your info and like everyone else, sorry you had to find us. How has your husband responded to treatment? Foot pain is common with WG. I have had it a few times coming on suddenly over a period of a few days and lasted for up to three months affecting my mobility and then disappearing as fast as it has come on. I visited a podiatrist during one of these episodes , got very expensive custom made insoles, had xrays and nothing found.....and nothing helped only time. I am hoping this is the case with your husband. There could be other causes...what do the doctors say?

Should he be battling with anything please let us know. There is a wealth of experience here with people who have been there. If the treatment is working the only way is up from here on so there is a good chance that he will get behind the wheel of his boat again,

Rose
    Last edited by Rose; 03-10-2014 at 06:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FerretsMom, thanks for the information and letting us know more of your background. My condolences on the loss of your daughter and other close relatives in a ten year period. Your husband getting Wegs does not have to mean another such loss.

You did not mention prednisone among his meds, and I'm wondering if that was overlooked. Pretty much all of us take pred along with our immunosuppressant.

I also had some pretty severe foot pain earlier in my illness... I have pretty bad bunions, so that was part of it, but the pain could be in different parts of my feet and has gone way down since treatment.

Don't worry about going on too long. We are always glad to read what you write.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome again. thanks for sharing. I am sorry for your loss of your daughter
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, he does take prednisone - 20 mg - 2 daily. Thank you for your condolences. I need your help. I think my update only went to you. I thought I was replying to everyone that replied to my initial post. How do I post my "long" update so everyone can see it in new introductions? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sure we all saw it. Sorry you have to be here, but the best people are here. Lots of answers to lots of questions.
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FERRETSMOM View Post
    Sorry, he does take prednisone - 20 mg - 2 daily. Thank you for your condolences. I need your help. I think my update only went to you. I thought I was replying to everyone that replied to my initial post. How do I post my "long" update so everyone can see it in new introductions? Thanks!
    Dale is right, we all see all the posts, no matter whether the replies are made a "quick reply", "reply to thread", or "reply with quote". You can continue to post updates in this thread or you can start a new thread by going to "Forum" at top left of any page, and choosing from the list of different categories there in which you'd like to make a new post/start a thread. When you are in the category you chose, you'll see a list of threads and you'll go to "Post new thread" at top of page.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can also have private conversations via Private Messages at top of page or by clicking on a person's avatar and finding Send Private Message under their picture on their profile page.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've really been through a lot. Sorry its all happening at once.

My son, now 30, has had JD since he was 8. So far all is good.

I was on gabapentin up until 3 wks ago, so I decided to taper off. Its a neuropath pain blocker. So, at the moment I just have tramadol, hydrocodone, oxycotin. Tramadol is my primary pain pill, but I take the hydro once in a while. I haven't taken an oxy in months, but have it just in case.

You can see where we are all located by clicking on the map in my Sig below. We are all over the world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12